Search Unity

Problem with Entities and Ai Planner

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by Roldo, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Roldo

Roldo

I have encountered a problem when installing Ai Planner package alongside Entity package. I started to get errors about multiple assemblies being missing. The reason for that as i figured out was current updated version of Entities package, it is 0.0.12 preview 33, however the Planner requires preview 29. After downgrading Entities to preview 29 the as well as Hybrid renderer to preview 9 all compile errors disappeared.
    However i would like to use newer versions of Entities package and the Planner. Is there any way to fix the errors apart from downgrading the package? Will there be any updates to the Planner package, and if yes, how soon?
    Ive attached a screenshot of the error logs.

Attached Files:

• Log.png
      Log.png
      File size:
      358 KB
      Views:
  2. TrevorUnity

TrevorUnity

Unity Technologies

The planner does rely on an older version of the Entities package. Our most recent release supports Entities preview 30. Unfortunately aspects of our package break with newer Entities versions, which we are aware of and are fixing for our next major release (August 2019). We posted a full update here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/ai-planner.649246/page-2#post-4757633

eterlan likes this.