Search Unity

Problem with Entities 0.0.12-preview.2, maybe it's caused by Burst 0.2.4-preview.5

Discussion in 'Burst' started by Seto, May 19, 2018.

1. Seto

Seto

I updated my project to Entities 0.0.12-preview.2 today.
    Switch back to Unity from other app, it will cause a compile or something similar.
    It would make Unity to download something from cache server.
    The focus is outside Unity again.
    I switch back to Unity Editor and the download from cache server appears again.
    Then I can never switch back to Unity Editor. It doesn't happen with Entities 0.0.12-preview.1.

2. avvie

avvie

I am not currently at my work computer, everything went to hell installing Entities 0.0.12-preview.1.
    On any project where i used the GameObjectComponent

Code (CSharp):
    1. ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    2. System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <e1a80661d61443feb3dbdaac88eeb776>:0)
    3. Unity.Entities.DefaultWorldInitialization.Initialize (System.String worldName, System.Boolean editorWorld) (at C:/Users/avvie/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/staging-packages.unity.com/com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.2/Unity.Entities.Hybrid/Injection/DefaultWorldInitialization.cs:69)
    4. Unity.Entities.AutomaticWorldBootstrap.Initialize () (at C:/Users/avvie/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/staging-packages.unity.com/com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.2/Unity.Entities.Hybrid/Injection/AutomaticWorldBootstrap.cs:11)

3. 5argon

5argon

Me too, but you mean preview.2 right? (I filed a bug report yesterday)

4. avvie

avvie

yeah sorry.
    I adapted my code to never have that component. To be completely pure.. and it still happens

Code (CSharp):
    1. ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    2. System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <e1a80661d61443feb3dbdaac88eeb776>:0)
    3. Unity.Entities.DefaultWorldInitialization.Initialize (System.String worldName, System.Boolean editorWorld) (at C:/Users/avvie/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/staging-packages.unity.com/com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.2/Unity.Entities.Hybrid/Injection/DefaultWorldInitialization.cs:69)
    4. Unity.Entities.AutomaticWorldBootstrap.Initialize () (at C:/Users/avvie/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/staging-packages.unity.com/com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.2/Unity.Entities.Hybrid/Injection/AutomaticWorldBootstrap.cs:11)
    and although on my pc at work i managed to downgrade the entities package, here at home where i use the hub i cant :S

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  5. Seto

Seto

A familiar ID! Are you the one in the same issue of Protobuf?

5argon likes this.
  6. 5argon

5argon

LOL I WAS THINKING THE SAME (Is this man perhaps THAT person with Blueeyes as his namespace?) hahaha what a small world!

7. avvie

avvie

I just created a new project. No burst compilier. Just the new entity package preview2
    The project contains just the bootstrap script
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using Unity.Entities;
    2. using UnityEngine;
    4. public class Bootstrap {
    6.     EntityManager EM;
    7.     [RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod(RuntimeInitializeLoadType.BeforeSceneLoad)]
    8.     public void Init() {
    9.         EM = World.Active.GetOrCreateManager<EntityManager>();
    10.     }
    11. }
    This creates the reflection error. I have no other code on this project anywhere no scripts. just the scene folder/file that an empty project now comes with

LeafMountain likes this.
  8. LeafMountain

LeafMountain

Just to bump this.

I'm also getting the same error and have no way of playing around with Unity's ECS :(

9. 5argon

5argon

You can manually downgrade to the older ones via the package manager. Currently I am staying with preview.1 and it works :

Screenshot 2018-05-23 16.20.31.png

10. avvie

avvie

Are you on a mac? I dont see that layout or option to downgrade from the package manager, even the update i just did.
    Anyways preview3 on the entities package is out. and it doesnt have that problem

5argon likes this.
  11. pshtif

pshtif

Current Package Manager UI 1.8.8 that comes to Unity install doesn't have the layout to downgrade versions, you need to modify the dependencies to update the manager to the latest 1.9.8 but once you are there you can modify it to downgrade the Entities package as well.

recursive and avvie like this.