Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Earthborn Troll attack animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Zdzislaw, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Zdzislaw

Zdzislaw

Hi

I've downloaded Earthborn Troll from asset store, but I have problems with attack animation: after attack he is not in his base position, but rotated a bit. When he's attacking contiuously, it takes about 9 attacks to make full circle.
    In comments in the Asset Store people write that everything is ok, so what do I do wrong? Or what I should do to make it work correctly?

2. medhue

medhue

I have no idea what rig system the troll uses, but the issue is that the character's center of gravity turns, or something like that. To fix it, you just have to constrain the axis that is turning. In the left sidepanel, where you can edit the animation properties, you should be able to check a box to contrain the axis. Just from my memories, I usually have to check the 2nd set of check boxes, and you could alter the direction you are facing by putting in a number in the field below the check boxes.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  3. Zdzislaw

Zdzislaw

Great! Thank you for help :)

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Alright Medhue this is the second time you've helped someone out using the same image and answering the same question! All unique questions deserve completely new images!
    :D

5. medhue

medhue

Shh! They didn't know.:rolleyes:

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. Zdzislaw

Zdzislaw

I would rather say that searching doesn't work properly and maybe one should create FAQ about animation (and maybe also other topics) or something like that? :)

7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey zdzislaw I wasnt knocking on your question.
    You and another member actually asked similar questions within hours of each other and medhue used the exact same picture to answer both questions.
    I just found it humorous.
    And though Ive never met the guy I believe medhue is a good dude based on the fact - like me - he likes to help others on the forums.
    I hoped correctly he would also find the humor in it.
    I personally would of just answered your question with a link to the other post, but he actually explained the fix in detail just for you.

Im of the opinion if - after trouble shooting a problem extensively and looking around in the forums and other informative sites related to Unity and mecanim - if a solution isnt found it's helpful for everybody in the community to post a question to an issue that cant be resolved.
    So when a solution is found everybody can access the information if needed.

8. medhue

medhue

Actually, the way it went down was, I saw 1 post, then I saw the other. I then thought, since there are 2 similar questions, it is worth it to take a snapshot of what I was talking about, just to be clear. And, yes, it was humorous that someone else spotted it. Don't be surprised if you see the image again. lol