Search Unity

Problem with duplicating assets inside a bundle

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Andrew_Zim, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Andrew_Zim

Andrew_Zim

dublicate bundles.PNG After replacing some old assets, and rebuilding player build content I got some duplication issue - each asset from all my bundles is duplicated. I am using AssetLabelReference to read groups of objects than get a needed object from the array - I getting doubling here too.
    Also, I should mention, that it was Player Version Override field filled with "1" and after few days of usage, Player Version Override field empty again - it gives me a new number of catalog every time, as it was before
    On the screenshot, you can see the part of .json remote catalog
    @unity_bill, @Favo-Yang

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  2. unity_bill

unity_bill

what is that list of paths from? that looks like the catalog, which will have lots of duplicate looking things, because there are multiple ways to address some things.

3. Andrew_Zim

Andrew_Zim

As i mentioned before this is the screen from the part of the remote catalog.

4. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

These do not look like duplicates though, they look like references to a sprites and their source textures. Are you sure that the assets are actually duplicated in the bundles themselves?

5. unity_bill

unity_bill

That's why I was asking for clarification (I missed in the original post that this was the catalog). The catalog will not only have multiple references to a png for the Texture2D and the Sprite, but can also have duplicates for other reasons. Dupes in the catalog doesn't mean much for actual dupe'd assets.

Andrew_Zim likes this.
  6. Andrew_Zim

Andrew_Zim

Thank's a lot! It was my issue -
    i did the Addressables.LoadContentCatalogAsync, but after that content was loaded using AssetLabelReference.
    Sorry for the late answer.
    Solved by removing Addressables.LoadContentCatalogAsync.