Search Unity

Problem with building for Vita

Discussion in 'PSM' started by Amitloaf, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Amitloaf

Amitloaf

I went through all the stages but when trying to Click on Open Publishing Utility or the second button from the build menu, I'm getting this error:
    UnityException: Unable to find tools command 'PsmDeviceForUnity' in '/PsmDevice/'
    Moreover, when trying to build it says an environment variable is missing and :
    UnityException: Unable to find tools command 'PsmDeviceForUnity' in '/PsmDevice/'
    and some other things (like registry key) which make me think that i missed some sort of install

2. Amitloaf

Amitloaf

Ok! Figured that out! I just didn't have the PSM Toolset for Unity! Took me some time to find it.

3. xixgames

xixgames

What is your SCE_PSM_UNITY system environment var?

EDIT: solved it ;)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  4. PeteD

PeteD

For anyone else having weird issues. The first time I installed Unity for PSM and the PSM tools. I had an issue where Unity did not find the tools and so would not even attempt to build anything. Given that you can't set a manual path to the tools (a bit of an oversight I hope will be corrected in the final release). You should try the following.

Run PSM Tools at least once.
    Run Unity PSM at lest once.

It seems that running PSM Tools once then Unity will set-up the associations required i.e. environment variables etc. etc. After a restart they could finally see one another. Well Unity could see the required tools anyway.

5. KahunaCoder

KahunaCoder

I've been able to set up everything fine but one of the problems I am having right now is the Publishing Utility for Unity is not seeing my device. However, if I run the normal Publishing Utility for PSM, it can see it. The USB driver is installed properly. Anyone else having this issue?

Also, I updated the PSM Dev. Assistant and is running.

6. KahunaCoder

KahunaCoder

Nevermind...I didn't realize there was a different Dev Assistant for Unity PSM.

Hrm, seem to have issues downloading the Dev Assistant from the PS Store. I logged in before clicking on the download link from the website on the Vita. There's no button for me to download or purchase the app.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  7. DFP

DFP

Yup, this was the case for me last night and I just figured it didn't update properly, but there's a separate Dev Assistant just for Unity.

8. KahunaCoder

KahunaCoder

Yeah, my problem right now is I can't seem to download it on my Vita. :(

9. PeteD

PeteD

You can only download it if you are a member of the developer program and have logged in with the same credentials you used for your developer account.

10. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Turn everything fully off and on, search vita store for 'unity' to get the proper one.
    Theres also a setting on the vita, under system settings, playstation mobile, theres an option to update its SDK there.

11. KahunaCoder

KahunaCoder

Thanks guys. I finally got it to work. It's strange because I've deployed PSM projects to my VITA a while back so I knew my PSN was registered. Finicky I suppose but eventually I got it to download. Thanks again!