Search Unity

Problem with animations fbx

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Seifwares, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Seifwares

Seifwares

Hello ,

I have many fbx with animations (idle.fbx, attack.fbx , run.fbx ... ) and they work well when i drop them into the scene ,

But i want to call all the animations from just one object droped into the scene , i tryed but this is not working .. , every fbx just can animate it's only animation ..

i know there is a solution using a prefab i tryed to drop the fbxs into a prefab but it is replaced every time by the last fbx...

so how can i manipulate all the fbx animations ?

2. jRocket

jRocket

You need to make an animation controller and assign it to your character's Animator component. Then you can use the Animator window where you can set up animation states and drag and drop clips from any fbx files into. Of course you will need to do some scripting to determine what states are played based on player input(run, idle, attack, ect).

3. Seifwares

Seifwares

Thank you jRocket for your answer i will try to follow your advice ... but is there a solution using the animation component (not the animator) because many fbx examples in the assets store just use animation component.