Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with ADD TORQUE

Discussion in 'Physics' started by megmaltese, Sep 10, 2018.

1. megmaltese

megmaltese

I don't really know if this is a problem coming from Playmaker, Unity or PhysX itself.

Fact is, I add torque to the wheels of my vehicle, but there seem to be a ceiling to the power that can be added, and I'm EARLY hitting that ceiling.
    In fact, my vehicle can't go past something around 80 Km/h (didn't check exactly, still have to make the speedometer, but surely it's not the 300 Km/h I need).

I tried to put 100, 1000, 10000 and millions, but it simply doesn't change anything past 100 I think.

My hypothesis are:
    • Playmaker has a standardized ADD TORQUE action that applies the force to a point too near to the axis, so increasing the power doesn't really add up. This can be easily circumvented.
    • Or, it's Unity to have this problem. This would be a little bit harder to fix.
    • Or, PhysX doesn't "expect" that such high torque added to an object, so it's limited in this regard. If so, I'm f**ked. But I don't think it's probable.

Does someone have any idea about what's going on?
    I'm stuck, because I'm making a racing game, not a pizza delivery simulation

You can download a build to see what's going on (ZIP file for Windows x64):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cn_2H1LOLC4BJcFpAJXoGI0426JM4YiO

P.S.: oh and before somebody comes up with this, of course I have put to 0 both DRAG and ANGULAR DRAG :D

2. YBtheS

YBtheS