Search Unity

Problem when compiled for Quest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamesWjRose, Aug 5, 2020.

1. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

So, I build a vr experience for my wife and I for my Rift. It's all good. I share it on my site and I get a tiny amount of buzz. Cool. I get requests for a Quest version. Gee, I should know how to port to Quest. Let me look into that. I do a few updates, change some settings, press "Switch Platform" and compile.

See, this is where it gets important to mention that I do NOT have a Quest. So I'm flying blind... such a great way to develop things... kinda like typing without a screen. Anyway...

First attempt doesn't work as I was using the Track Pose Driver on the camera, however as stated on the Oculus' site (https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-add-camera-rig/?locale=en_US) I should use OVRCameraRig. Ok, download that, drop that camera in, compile, run it and now I get a user that says this:

"now we have audio, but the screen is black. If I toggle the headset into sleep mode, when it comes back it briefly flashes the burning cabin, but seems only out of one eye, then goes black again. And then it’s just stuck and I can’t exit out. Also noticed my guardian Xs pop up and they seem to be moving with my head, which makes it seem like the whole scene is still “stuck”.

I do still have the original VR camera in the scene, but it is unselected and untagged. I am wondering if something could still be referencing it (nothing that I could find... but that only means I didn't find it)

WTF? Ok, I don't have a clue on how to proceed with that

Any thoughts? Did you all have a good laugh at me? Ok, seems fair. Is there a way to emulate properly Quest?