Search Unity

Problem: VS Code opens .unity files

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Romano360, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Romano360

Romano360

Hallo,
    I just installed Unity 2019.2.2f1 and Visual Studio Code 1.37.1 on OSX 10.14.6, and while scripting is working file, I have a strange bug where VSC also opens my unity scenes.
    Double-click on a scene file doesnt open it in unity, but instead it opens it in VSC.

I was reading online that some other people have the same issue, but couldnt find a solution yet.
    Does anyone else have this problem?
    Some people seem to have a workaround where you set in unitys external editor setting "Open by file extension" instead of VSC, and while that solves the opening unity scenes problem, I am loosing intelisense and autocompletion in VSC.

I hope somebody can help me with out with this...

Thanks!

Edit:
    I just realised that 2019 is beta... didnt know the Hub is giving you options to install Beta versions. Gonna try 2018 and see if that fixed the problem.

Edit: Another mistake... 2019.2.2 seem to be stable, 2019.3 seem to be beta.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  2. burtonposey

burtonposey

I definitely have this problem. I'm using 2019.2.2f1 . Checked file extension associations with RCDefaultApps in MacOS and *.unity is definitely still associated with the Unity Editor. It just seems that Unity has ceded control of what happens when you double click on it.

3. greg-harding

greg-harding

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019