Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem to produce a webplayer or exe with the MySql dlls

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by BooBi, Feb 7, 2011.

1. BooBi

BooBi

Hi,

I've got an error when I'm producing my final file.

The first time I did it, it worked for the exe but I wasn't able to connect myself to the database with the exe (But it works in the editor).
    Then I tried to export the webplayer version and it didn't produce anything, now when I'm trying to export a windows standalone i get these errors and I can't produce any exe.

Obsiously the problem comes from the dlls... Do someone knows why and how to correct that ?
    I'm using a MySql.Data.dll, a System.Data.dll and a System.Drawing.dll

Thank's for the help

BooBi

Here are the errors:

Code (csharp):
    1. ArgumentException: The Assembly System.Configuration.Install is referenced by MySql.Data. But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    2. UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache) (at E:/BuildAgent/work/71ca6fec1b41cc30/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:52)
    3. UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache) (at E:/BuildAgent/work/71ca6fec1b41cc30/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:55)
    4. UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch) (at E:/BuildAgent/work/71ca6fec1b41cc30/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:86)
    5. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()
    Code (csharp):
    1. Error building Player: Extracting referenced dlls failed.
    2. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

include the corresponding assembly in the unity project itself.
    but keep in mind that the security model of the webplayer forbids various things.

also why would you want mysql in the build ... its not as if you would want to make your database globally reachable through a wildcard account normally (unless its for inhouse - incompany only)

3. BooBi

BooBi

Hi I'm really not good at these database stuff...
    If you check this link you can see what the project is about.
    Previous post

I still have a problem to write into a specific row...

I mainly need to do an exe

I'm not sure I really understand what to you meant... Right now, I've got a folder "libraries" with the dlls in my project (editor).

Where should I put these dll ?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  4. BooBi

BooBi

5. BooBi

BooBi

I've got a big problem there !!!

I can't do an EXE and I need to send the final version of this projet by the end of the week...

Why can't I create a exe with the folder Libraries (which includes: MySql.Data.dll, System.Data.dll, System.Drawing.dll) ???

What should I change or where should I put these files to have an EXE working and which can connect to the database ?

As I found in UnityAnswers, I added the I18N.dll and the I18N.West.dll in my project folder, but it doesn't change anything... I added the MySQLDriverCS.dll aswell, no changes...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  6. BooBi

BooBi

up, even if I working on a xml version I'm still interessed to find a solution to my problem so if anyone had the same problem and can help me to find a solution or a way to use the database without that problem it could be really helpfull.

thank's a lot

BooBi

7. alienx2

alienx2

I have same problem that cant export with mySQL dll.. but im asking which one kind of SQL that unity support??? MS SQL server, Oracle, SQLLite, mySQL, or other kind???

8. XiangYang

XiangYang

Hello, BooBi. I have the same problem with you. Have you solved the problem? Could you tell me how to solve it ?

9. BooBi

BooBi

I haven't no... for that project I used an XML file and saved localy in the end. But for another project I used php files instead of that method. I think you can find the answer in the unify wiki.

10. Dreamora

Dreamora

you can not build with it for webplayer no matter what you do

For standalone you need to go into the unity folder, frameworks-mono-... and copy System.Configuration.dll over into your project

11. XiangYang

XiangYang

hey, BooBi. My friend have solved it. He can build the web and exe successfully. He used unity 3.5f. And add six dlls in the assests folder.

( I18N.dll(1.0.5000.0), I18N.West.dll(1.0.5000.0) , I18N.CJK.dll(1.0.5000.0) , MySql.Data.dll(1.0.10.1) , System.Data.dll(copy from the unity setup folder) ,System.Drawing.dll(copy the unity setup folder) )
    If you add these six dlls , you can build it. But I add these six dlls can not build it. I think , the problem is I develop this project in XP, he develop the project in Win7.

12. murugan

murugan

Same Error For Me Also Help Me

13. murugan

murugan

I am Using The Database in Mysql In unity
    Run time Correct Working
    But Build The unity
    This error coming

ArgumentException: The Assembly System.Configuration.Install is referenced by MySql.Data. But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:72)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:75)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:107)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Error building Player: Extracting referenced dlls failed.

14. lordubik

lordubik

I am the same problem. Do you have fix it?

Regards

Stefano

15. Ashkan_gc

Ashkan_gc

In player settings, choose ".NET 2.0" in API compatibility level instead of .NET 2 subset. and have i18 and i18-west dlls in your plugins directory and then it should work.

16. kInG_jUlLian_85

kInG_jUlLian_85

Hello guyz,

Problem resolved. AS Ashkan_gc said, just go to player settings>Other settings> and switch Api compatibility level to .Net 2.0

Happy gaming :)

17. beniii

beniii

i have the same problem....kindly tell me where we put theses dll files in asset folder....urgent???????

18. beniii

beniii

where we find plugin setting and where we put theses i18 and i18-west dlls in plugins directory ???and where we find player settings?????

19. Ashkan_gc

Ashkan_gc

@beniii put the DLLs
    in the Assets/Plugins folder and find player settings at Edit>Project Settings>Player
    .NET 4.6 might work as well. Keep in mind that I did this in Unity 4.x and years ago with older versions of MySQL connector for .NET but it should still work.

.NET 4.6 version might not need the Unicode related DLLs