Search Unity

Question Problem splitting a road into segments in Road Architect

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by crownracing, Mar 27, 2023.

1. crownracing

crownracing

The instructions for creating road segments in Road Architect are confusing to say the least. First you select two road nodes. I did by using the draw box method. Then the instructions say, "Mark both as road cut." How do you do that? No explanation at all. Can't find it. Plus, there is a message, "Multi-object editing not supported." What the heck is that? I want to make short segments of a road have a different road material, especially in turns, to make the game more exciting to play. I am using unity 2020.3
    Is this Road Architect software inadequate? I also found that it does not have the ability to widen and narrow roads gradually.

2. crownracing

crownracing

It took me three hours to finally discover the method for doing this. No help from any videos or instructions from the author of the software. 1) Draw a box around the two nodes of interest. They will be highlighted. 2) Click on the name "Road Cut" that will appear in the road meshes in the hierarchy. 3) Go into the assets in either materials or textures/meshes and drag any of those on to the road segment.

3. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

4. crownracing

crownracing

Yes, I checked the forums and threads and found nothing on this topic.
    Thanks for replying. Generally speaking, I have found that though most
    I.T. pros who design add-on software for Unity are talented, many of them
    do a very poor job explaining the details of using and editing their software.
    I spend at least 1.//3 of my time, wasted time, trying to understand topics that could easily
    be explained with clear, simple, exact instructions.

5. Jan_Kirk

Jan_Kirk

Hi, I dont really understand point 3). Where to drag what? Are you aiming to split a road into 2 roads? thats what I need to do >_<. But thanks anyways for the info.