Search Unity

Problem selecting Dropdown item

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Black_Demon, May 15, 2016.

1. Black_Demon

Black_Demon

Hi, I'm working on a form and I have some dropdowns in it, these dropdowns (and all other UI elements) work properly on the Unity Editor and also in a mid-range phone I'm using to test (480x800 screen). The problem is that I've recently tested my form on a Samsung Galaxy S6 (1440x2560 screen) and everything in the UI work properly except the dropdowns, I'm not able to select an item tapping on them.

Recently I realized that if I tap VERY fast on an item it does get selected (the dropdown's list closes and the value is updated), instead, when I do a 'normal' tap the item being tapped just got highlighted (the dropdown's list doesn´t close and the value doesn´t update, also it doesn´t send any OnValueChanged() message). I'm guessing it's something related to the screen sensitivity but I don't know how to solve it. I would really appreciate your help on this.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  2. Black_Demon

Black_Demon

Hi, I finally managed to solved it by myself. I hope this help someone facing a similar problem, where you can´t click an UI element in a high resolution screen. What I did was change the value of the "Drag Threshold" in the "EventSystem" gameobject to 15 (its default value is 5). In simple words the problem was my taps were being detected as drags.

Attached Files: