Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem: Package "Searcher" now depends on several included DLLs

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by jeroenvdv, Sep 1, 2021.

1. jeroenvdv

jeroenvdv

We reference (and include) several specific DLLs from our main DLLs in our project. When updating to Unity 2021.2 Beta, we experience the error message:

Multiple precompiled assemblies with the same name 'Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.Abstractions.dll"  included or the current platform

And the same problem with several other (Microsoft) DLLs. It seems, the included "Searcher" package in Unity has been updated in 2021.2, and now included and references several specific DLLs (in a specific version that are different from our versions).

Am I the only one who thinks Unity Packages that can't be removed (and are like "Searcher" Editor only) should never include any DLLs that could interfer and be incompoatible with User code/DLLs?

2. neuecc

neuecc

I encountered a similar problem.
    MessagePack for C# can not resolve Unsafe.dll references.

Previously, com.unity.collections was causing the same problem.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/bug...ices-unsafe-clashes-with-imported-dll.816426/

This has been resolved with the removal of ManagedDLL in 0.11.0.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ple...-compilerservices-unsafe.732056/#post-5972735

With the current UPM mechanism, official Unity libraries should not use managed DLLs.
    Have you not shared information about the previous issue?
    Anyway, please remove it immediately.

3. RunninglVlan

RunninglVlan

For us the issue appeared in 2021.2.0b9 and is present in b11. Here's one of error messages:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    goncalo-vasconcelos likes this.
  4. vladimirn

vladimirn

Unity Technologies

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,
    we are working on a fix to remove the dependency to Lucene in the searcher package as soon as possible.
    Sorry about the inconvenience.

5. Starsmiao

Starsmiao

I have the same issue with 'System.Buffers', 'System.Memory' and 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe'. The Searcher 4.3.2 doesn't contain them.

azimmerman likes this.
  6. castor76

castor76

We need update to search asap, otherwise current and latest alpha beta versions of unity is just not workable.

azimmerman and Starsmiao like this.
  7. vladimirn

vladimirn

Unity Technologies

Hello, good news, the fix will be part of the very next 2021.2 beta release.
    Unfortunately I can't say the same about 2022.1, I'm in contact with the dev working on this and will try to update you as soon as I hear about their fix landing.

8. OneEyeOnly

OneEyeOnly

Hey, is this fixed in beta14 yet? If it is, it's still not working 0_0
    And there is not even a release note on beta 14...

Code (CSharp):
    1. error CS0433: The type 'ReadOnlySpan<T>' exists in both 'System.Memory, Version=4.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' and 'netstandard, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    LooperVFX likes this.
  9. DeadReckoned

DeadReckoned

I've just upgraded to b14 and this issue is still occuring, same error as above:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. error CS0433: The type 'ReadOnlySpan<T>' exists in both 'System.Memory, Version=4.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' and 'netstandard, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'
    I was really hoping this'd be resolved in b14, I have not been able to upgrade from b8 due to this issue.

10. DeadReckoned

DeadReckoned

A temporary work around for anyone having this issue still and would like to continue working:
    • Move "Library/PackageCache/com.unity.searcher@4.8.0" into "Packages/com.unity.searcher@4.8.0"
    • Delete System.Memory and System.Buffers from "com.unity.searcher@4.8.0\Editor\Lucene"
    This is obviously not feasible for a large team, but if you're working on your own or in a small team it should suffice as a temporary fix if you need to upgrade (ignore in source control, have each dev do the above steps locally).

This has been an issue for at least the last 6 2021.2 beta releases. Please update the Searcher package and fix this issue.

sgkz likes this.
  11. castor76

castor76

Still not working with Unity 2021.2.b14 which was the just updated beta version. It came out after your post saying very next beta.

I am assuming that b14 is still not good to go?

OneEyeOnly likes this.
  12. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The fix will be in b15.

OneEyeOnly and RunninglVlan like this.
  13. OneEyeOnly

OneEyeOnly

we will see.

Sponge2k likes this.
  14. RunninglVlan

RunninglVlan

Confirming there's no conflicts in b15

Starsmiao, LooperVFX and LeonhardP like this.
  15. castor76

castor76

Do you have any news about the same fix for 2022.1 alpha versions? 2022.1.a13 still does not seem to work.

Sponge2k likes this.
  16. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies