Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem outputting UI and GUI text to game screen using Javascript

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Kasigawa, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Kasigawa

Kasigawa

Hello my name is Stanley, I'm making a resource app for a specific client base and I can't seem to output my variable in my Javascript to display onto the game screen using GUI or UI text. I can't find any functional tutorials on the subject. I'm not sure if it's because of Unity's version update or because the GUI or UI of previous versions were changed. I have spent two full days going though unity documentation (which seems to be of previous versions), exploring answered questions in Unity's forums, and watching youtube videos. So far everything I've tried doesn't seem to work. Can someone give me an example of how to display a variable from javascript onto GUI and Ui text on screen with Unity's current version? Thank you.

2. psyydack

psyydack

3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

The Unity online docs are always for the latest version, which is currently 5.1. The offline docs included with the version you downloaded on your hard drive are always for that specific version.

--Eric

4. Kasigawa

Kasigawa

Thank you for the reply.
    @psyydack Seu tutorial e de versão: 4.6. Eu ja olhei.

@Eric5h5 Thank you very much. I'll check out the documentation within unity.

It still would be good to have some reference code in case I can't find a solution.