Search Unity

Problem opening cloud project hosted by plastic

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by _met44, Jun 9, 2022.

1. _met44

_met44

Hello,

I'm trying to open a project hosted on unity cloud with plastic and getting some blocking issues.

It doesn't seem to be finding the repository or whatever, and when trying to select one this pops up and we cant select a repository. (i can see my user name @cloud in the dropdown)

upload_2022-6-9_19-10-41.png

it does work fine on my other computer but both a friend and I are getting this issue (i was just checking on my end because my friend had the issue)

any idea what is going on and how we solve this ?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @_met44, could you and your teammate try visiting https://www.plasticscm.com/dashboard/cloud and verify that you're both logged in with your Unity IDs instead of a username/password? Once you've done that, close the project and reopen it, then reopen the Plastic SCM window and verify that it's logged in correctly.

_met44 likes this.
  3. _met44

_met44

thanks for getting back to me.

I tried logging in the website with unity ID and reopening the project but no luck.

Still says its logged in but we need to create a repo (even tho it already exists)

upload_2022-6-9_23-17-59.png

4. _met44

_met44

the configuration of the plastic client wouldnt interfere with whatever is built into unity would it ?

or is there a hidden 1 seat per account limit or such ?

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thanks for giving that a try. Just to confirm, are you trying to download a Plastic repo to work on from the Unity Hub, or was your project migrated from Collab, and now you're trying to open an already-downloaded project and make it connect to a Plastic repo?

Could you also open the Package Manager and verify that you've upgraded to the latest version of the Version Control package?

6. _met44

_met44

i did check the version of the package early on to make sure it was up to date.

the repo was indeed migrated from collab, but that was done on another computer already so not sure if there could still be an issue with it.

we were trying to get the project using unity hub on second computers. havent been to download anything on that machine yet, asset folder is empty.

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

So on other computers, you can see the project listed in the Hub's remote project list. But when you click on it an empty project is downloaded?

On the link to your Plastic SCM Cloud Dashboard that I shared earlier, under your org can you click on "Open WebUI", navigate to your workspace and open it to verify that you can see your Assets listed there? I want to confirm that your Collab projects were migrated successfully to Plastic. If you can see them there but they're still not downloading correctly from the Hub, then please email support@codicesoftware.com with a link to this thread? Our Support Team can respond more quickly and host a zoom meeting so that we can better diagnose the issue.

_met44 likes this.
  8. _met44

_met44

that is correct.

i can see the files in the web UI just like on my other computer, i'll email the support thanks.