Search Unity

Problem: "Google Play requires that the certificate used to sign the apk be valid..."

Discussion in 'Android' started by vicour, Nov 19, 2012.

1. vicour

vicour

I am trying to submit an app with a split binary via Unity 4. I am using the 'split binary' option, producing a small APK with an .obb extension, everything builds fine, but google play keeps kicking out the same error when I try to upload the APK:

"Google Play requires that the certificate used to sign the apk be valid until at least October 22, 2033. Create a new certificate."

I am using the default 50 years for the certificate, have double checked passwords, and have re-traced my steps and re-created a new keystore. I do not know what is causing this. I am using a US calendar, Central time zone.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

2. vicour

vicour

Additional things I have done:

Reverted to JDK 6, update 14 (from JDK 7)
    Tried setting the system clock back a few days and rebuild.
    Tried making a new keystore.
    Deleted debug.keystore.
    Tried making a 100 year certificate.

None of these have worked, I still get the error above concerning APK validation.

3. lhman

lhman

Did you ever solve this? I'm struggling with the same situation now.

4. Jayanta_IN

Jayanta_IN

If you are still stuck on this situation you can solve this issue within two minutes.

Actually it was an error of system timing. May be the keystore create time stamp is future date time so you just check your system Time and create the keystore again using keytool.. I hope it will work.:p

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013