Search Unity

Problem deploying in 5.0.2

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by piacentini, May 19, 2015.

1. piacentini

piacentini

Hi. Trying to deploy for BlackBerry Z10 (10.2), running on OSX Yosemite, Unity 5.0.2.

No matter what I do I get errors when I build and Run. I can create and upload the DebugToken and it is apparently correct, at least showing the right information in the device:

Debug Token: Installed
    Valid: Yes
    Author: Tabuleiro Jogos e Educação
    Expiration: Jun 18 2015 00:20:21

This matches what I have in Unity. But when it tries to install I get one of the following errors:

nfo: Sending request: INSTALL
    Info: Action: Install
    Info: Development mode: on
    Info: File size: 24062077
    Info: Installing ...
    Info: Processing 24062077 bytes
    actual_dname::
    actual_id::
    actual_version::
    result::failure 881 application author does not match debug token author

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Or

Info: Sending request: INSTALL
    Info: Action: Install
    Info: Development mode: on
    Info: File size: 24062083
    Info: Installing ...
    Info: Processing 24062083 bytes
    actual_dname::
    actual_id::
    actual_version::
    result::failure 500 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 124: ordinal not in range(128)

UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Any ideas? I previously deployed this on a Windows machine running a beta of 5, it worked. Do you think it might be a bug caused by Yosemite, 5.0.2, or maybe the fact that the author name has special characters? I am at a loss here on how to debug this.

2. piacentini

piacentini

Some more info that might help: I checked on Windows (running 5.0.0f1) and the Debug Token -> Author field there gets filled with

Tabuleiro Jogos e Educacao

instead of

Tabuleiro Jogos e Educação

as it is on OSX. And the DebugToken that gets installed returns this same name on the device. So maybe it is indeed a problem with the special characters?

3. piacentini

piacentini

Well, I am not sure the problem is related to OSX vs Windows. But it is definitely a problem with accented characters. What I did to "fix it" is this:

- Remove your BB token credentials. The next time you open it will not show up as registered in the BB publishing pane.
    - Click REGISTER, point it to your .csk. Here you have to enter the author name string. If you enter one with accented characters, it will work ok, but later you will not be able to push the content to the device... So enter one here without accents. In my case BB servers were contacted and returned a valid token using the 'plain' version of the company name.
    - From now on, your Debug token will have an ASCII-safe author id, so the process works ok.

Another thing: if installing on Windows 64 bits, do not forget to install a 32 bit of Java (1.6u45 worked for me) AND do not forget to add the location of the java install to the PATH (and set JAVA_HOME as well for added safety).

4. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

You were still having this problem even after re-uploading a fresh debug token to the device? That should have fixed it...

5. piacentini

piacentini

It works if the DebugToken has non-accented characters as the AuthorID, so this is my workaround. If the authorid has accented characters then you can upload the DebugToken to the device (and it will show the correct authorid in the device btw), but you will not be able to install your app for debugging.

Seems to be a bug in the RIM tools and/or in the code that validates the DebugToken in the device. Not sure you can fix it from the Unity side, as it is creating the tokens correctly apparently.