Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Problem building game

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by obergeist, Oct 26, 2020.

1. obergeist

obergeist

Hello, I having problem building my game, it is a game for windows and every time I try to build It gives me this message:

lalala.png
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x0027c] in <9ddd600ae5964fe0b21a870e08c53748>:0
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <9ddd600ae5964fe0b21a870e08c53748>:0
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EndLayoutGroup: BeginLayoutGroup must be called first.

Currently on unity 2020.1.8f1, previously on unity 2019.3.4f1, yes I update the project.

I have no idea where is the problem exactly, it looks like it is tied to fbx or something similar. but again it is not the first time I build it, and I removed the new fbx I import to see if it would work, and it won't build.

Ok, apparently my stupidity finnaly reach the forum, it was a simple problem, one of the newly created scripts had an "using unityEditor.ShorcutManagment" for no apparent reason and as soon as I erease that line everything work just fine.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020