Search Unity

Pro Sound Collection vs. Universal Sound FX

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by noobynobody, Sep 28, 2019.

?

Pro Sound Collection or Universal Sound FX

1. Pro Sound Collection

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Universal Sound FX

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. noobynobody

noobynobody

Which one do you think is better?

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

I'm only voting for Pro Sound Collection because I apparently bought it at one point and not the other sound pack. I know I did research on it at one point but I don't remember the results now but it's very likely I bought the pack that had the best reviews and comments.

noobynobody and Ony like this.
  3. sxa

sxa

If your budget for sound effects is only that $40-$50, you could manage without either. Instead, download the various Sonniss GDC collections from 2015 to 2019 (google for links), and the Free Firearm Sound Library gun and mediaeval weapon sets from Still North. Vocal Hazards Pack is another free library that's good for spoken phrases/vocal noises.
    Finally have a look at Freesound.org and Zapsplat websites for organised libraries of zero-cost sounds.

Otherwise, if you can stretch to $200, and want something more extensive consider a Soundsnap annual subscription. All you can eat for a year from some of the big sound effect library names.

Also, ASoundEffect is one of the best shopfronts for high quality indie sound libraries, particularly focussed libraries.

BIGTIMEMASTER, noobynobody and Ryiah like this.
  4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I bought both. Pro Sound Collection is the winner for me, as it contains a lot of sounds i actually integrated into my project. I didnt find anything I wanted to use in Ultimate Sound Collection. But it's a matter of taste I guess.

noobynobody, Joe-Censored and Ryiah like this.
  5. noobynobody

noobynobody

Thank you so much!

6. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Do be careful with any website that allows users to upload content. I used to use one (I think freesound, but it may not have been) and thought it was great until I started finding sounds that I recognised from elsewhere.

Of course there's nothing to stop a paid source from also having unlicensed sounds, but I always feel a bit safer with a reputable paid source who gives me an invoice.

Also, as someone who is certainly not an audio expert, I like buying packs of sounds which are already designed to go together.

noobynobody and Ryiah like this.
  7. rasto61

rasto61

They are both good.
    Are you interested in particular types of sounds?