Search Unity

Pro Builder / Polybrush. How to combine separate planes into one?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by rickblacker, May 13, 2019.

1. rickblacker

rickblacker

Hi all... I'm ramping up on ProBuilder and Polybrush. I created a plane per a tutorial dealing with the 3D Game Kit. Which I know is using ProBuilder and Polybrush tools.

It asks the user to add another panel, use the polybrush to do a few different things one of which is changing the height of the terrain. If I have two flat panels that I want to simulate ground/terrain and if I want to raise and lower the polygons, is there a way to (for the lack of a better word) glue the two panels together so that when I raise/lower the height I don't end up with a gap like this?

Thanks for any help!!!

Polybrush how to.png

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Sure, you could use the "Merge" tool in ProBuilder, then drag-select all those verts and use "Weld" to ensure they stay connected. However, this would mean you have a single object, vs 2. If you need them to remain separate ... sorry, we don't have a "stitch" method :( You can always use "Detach" to break off the other plane's faces, though :)

3. rickblacker

rickblacker

I'm thinking that would be ok if I'm just making a terrain. Thanks for the help!

4. rickblacker

rickblacker

I tried to merge the two planes. I selected both plans, then went to the menu to merge them but the merge option was grayed out. Is it because the two planes are not exact in how they were created? NoMerge.png

5. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey! Sorry, been out of the office - are both planes ProBuilder objects? If not, you'll need to "ProBuilderize" the non-probuilder object(s).