Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Private, official Unity Beta group on google banned/locked/closed due to spam or maleware ?

Discussion in '2017.1 Beta' started by spacefrog, Jul 2, 2017.

1. spacefrog

spacefrog

Today i wanted to pay a visit to the private Unity beta group on google ( where i'm member since ages ) and am greeted with the following message. Entering the group reveals an empty group. What happened ?

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Well, let them sort it out then. Google does this sort of automatic reaction from time to time, probably false flag. It's the weekend so I'm sure staff will be along to comment later. I checked so I can verify it's taken place but I don't think there is a need for concern.

3. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Fixed. It's as hippocoder thought, it was false flagged.

Though, given these public forums - it's benefit of maintaining both is dwindling.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I suggest removing the beta group. All it's doing at this point is making people feel special for no reason and dividing staff time. I would rather staff fluctuate between the coffee machine (alpha) and unity forums!

This fragmentation of 2 groups same purpose is illogical, captain.

Just my 2p :)