Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Privacy, Security, Data Collection

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Loomabox, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Loomabox

Loomabox

Hello!

Google Play Support removed my app (though it was at Internal Testing) due to the following:

Issue: Violation of Usage of Android Advertising ID policy and section 4.8 of the Developer Distribution Agreement

These are the Terms of Use for the Android Advertising ID:
    source: https://play.google.com/about/monetization-ads/ads/ad-id/

Usage of Android Advertising ID

Google Play Services version 4.0 introduced new APIs and an ID for use by advertising and analytics providers. Terms for the use of this ID are below.

• Usage. The Android advertising identifier must only be used for advertising and user analytics. The status of the “Opt out of Interest-based Advertising” or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting must be verified on each access of the ID.
    • Association with personally-identifiable information or other identifiers. The advertising identifier must not be connected to personally-identifiable information or associated with any persistent device identifier (for example SSAID, MAC address, IMEI, etc.) without the explicit consent of the user.
    • Respecting users' selections. If reset, a new advertising identifier must not be connected to a previous advertising identifier or data derived from a previous advertising identifier without the explicit consent of the user. Also, you must abide by a user’s “Opt out of Interest-based Advertising” or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting. If a user has enabled this setting, you may not use the advertising identifier for creating user profiles for advertising purposes or for targeting users with personalized advertising. Allowed activities include contextual advertising, frequency capping, conversion tracking, reporting and security and fraud detection.
    • Transparency to users. The collection and use of the advertising identifier and commitment to these terms must be disclosed to users in a legally adequate privacy notification. To learn more about our privacy standards, please review our User Data policy.
    • Abiding by the terms of use. The advertising identifier may only be used in accordance with these terms, including by any party that you may share it within the course of your business. All apps uploaded or published to Google Play must use the advertising ID (when available on a device) in lieu of any other device identifiers for any advertising purposes.

I am concerned about how to deal with the first 3. Does Unity or Unity Services, like UnityAds, currently use Android Advertising ID and if it does then do SDK automatically provide “Opt out of Interest-based Advertising” or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” settings?

How does Unity deal with personally-identifiable information?

I am not sure where should a user be able to "reset" the advertising identifier or "Opt out" of Ads?

I am using Unity 5.6.6f2 (64-bit), UnityAds and GoogleMobileAds version 3.13.1. Is it possible that my version of GoogleMobileAds is old and must be updated to implement all the above?

Please share your experience.

BR.

2. Loomabox

Loomabox