Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Privacy Policy for Ads/IAP

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Jerhyn404, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Jerhyn404

Jerhyn404

Hi all, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this as it pertains to several different things, but I am trying to update an Android game of mine to comply with the new data safety requirements Google has, and I have a couple questions. My game uses Unity Ads (and has one IAP to remove them), and after filling out the new data safety form on the Google Play Console, I got a rejection notice that my privacy policy doesn't comply. And from what I've read, a generic one can't be used anymore as it has to specifically mention the app name now. So my questions are:

1. Is there a good website that will auto generate a privacy policy specific for Unity Ads/IAP for free? I came across iubenda but then realized that their Unity Ads option wasn't on the free tier. Or has anyone been able to copy the boilerplate one (https://unity.com/legal/privacy-policy) and just add their app name to the top of it or something?

2. Alternatively, if there aren't any good free options out there, and one would have to write the policy, what are the personal identifiers that Unity Ads collects, as I'm assuming I need to explicitly mention all of them? On the Unity Docs page it just says "Does the SDK collect the user’s personal identifiers?" and then says Yes for it, so I'm not sure what all it is referring to.

Thanks!