Search Unity

Print resolution screengrab?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by islanddreamer, Sep 6, 2013.

1. islanddreamer

islanddreamer

I need to output 300-600 dpi screengrabs from Unity. Is this possible? Would someone please point me in the right direction. Least technical solution preferred.;)

2. squared55

squared55

3. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

If you cant get a high enough res grab with the built in Unity solution we do have an asset on our website that allows for massive grabs limited only by normal Ram instead of GPU ram, you can even set the DPI value for the output as well as any level of anti aliasing to get super smooth results.
    http://www.west-racing.com/mf/?page_id=401

$megagrab-screen-shot-1024x565.png
    $megagrab-screen-shot-3-1024x266.png

4. islanddreamer

islanddreamer

Thanks for this. I purchased MegaGrab, but I can't seem to make it work. I'm running 4.2.1f4.

I attached the MegaGrab script to the camera, press S and get the "Took" message, but I can't find the image it supposedly grabbed, even though I changed the path to my desktop.

There are 3 ReadPixel errors for every "took," so I tried ticking the Use Coroutine box. When I press S, nothing happens, no errors, no "took."

Any idea what could be wrong? I am testing with the Toony Colors Pro+Mobile demo scene.

5. islanddreamer

islanddreamer

Issue resolved. The error messages didn't matter, but the path name has to end with a \, as in "C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\"