Search Unity

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yury-Yarmolovich

Yury-Yarmolovich

2. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

I'm can successfully access the sandbox with StoreKitBinding.requestProductData() and StoreKitBinding.purchaseProduct().
    But after doing a StoreKitBinding.purchaseProduct(), neither of the following callbacks are ever called:

purchaseSuccessfulEvent()
    productPurchaseAwaitingConfirmationEvent()

Why is that?

None of the other callbacks in StoreEventListener,cs are called either after StoreKitBinding.purchaseProduct() so I don't think there are any error conditions.

P.S. StoreKitBinding.displayStoreWithProductId() still doesn't work and gives 404 errors.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  3. prime31

prime31

@tokyo, please provide the full log output from the demo scene along with the exact steps to reproduce.

4. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

@prime31 Thanks for your help. I did what you asked, zipped the log along with 2 screenshots of the iTunes Connect App and IAP info. And Put it in Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tew46i1ydzgb4ki/StorkitDemoTest.zip

App Info.png
    IAP info.png
    xcode StoreKit Log.txt

5. prime31

prime31

@tokyo, it looks like you are trying to show the store with an app that isn't in the store. That won't work. The app has to exist in the store before it can be shown.

6. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

@prime31 But isn't that what the sandbox is for? I thought that having the App registered in iTunse Connect with an App ID is enough. And if you can't do that how are you supposed to be able to test everything?

7. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

But it is in the App Store…It is just not available yet…

$ready.png

8. prime31

prime31

@tokyo, you cannot review or view an app in the sandbox. That isn't how Apples sandbox works. It is only for in app purchase products.

9. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

@prime31 That was it! I used the app id of my friend's app that is on the app store now and it worked. I just wish the error returned by Apple's Storekit API in the case of an app that's not on the store was more informative.

Anyway everything is working now. You have been very helpful. And I'm sorry to have wasted your time because of my limited knowledge.

Thank you very much.

10. laf3rs

laf3rs

@prime31 I am trying to create a iOS native window and execute an action after the ok button be pressed.
    I am using the method EtceteraBinding.showAlertWithTitleMessageAndButtons (title, shareText, buttons);
    I can make the window appear, ok, but when any button is clicked, then nothing happens. I tried to set the event by setting on Start() the following EtceteraManager.alertButtonClickedEvent += OnAlertButtonConfirmation;
    where the OnAlertButtonConfirmation is a method that I created that return a string, just as the scene example. What is worse, is that even in the plugin scene example this button of the window does not work too. I have checked again and again for basic errors but I did none.
    Please help, thanks.

11. prime31

prime31

@laf3rs, see the included demo scene for a fully functionally example that you can base your off of.

12. totsboy

totsboy

I have recebtly updated Unity and I'm getting this linker error:

Code (csharp):
    2. Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    3.   "__gameCenterIsGameCenterAvailable", referenced from:
    4.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    5. ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    6. clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    I have storekit plugin and Game Center.
    Unity Version is 4.3.3, Prime31 Plugin was downloaded today.
    Base SDK is set to iOS 7.

13. prime31

prime31

@totsboy, you either have mixed versions of the plugin or you didnt Clean your Xcode project after building. The _gameCenterIsGameCenterAvailable was removed several versions ago and the GameCenterBinding.isGameCenterAvailable no longer references it and simply returns true.

14. totsboy

totsboy

That was it, working fine now!
    Thanks for the quick reply! :)

15. mojtaba64

mojtaba64

Is it possible to use iOS and Mac GameCenter Plugins in the same project together?

16. Komikusac

Komikusac

Can the iOS Prime31 plugins be used in Windows xcode project building?
    To clarify, my workflow uses a synced xcode folder in which I make a xcode project in windows and then just compile in on the Mac. The way things are now I still need to open the Unity project on the Mac to make a functional xcode project postprocessed by prime31 postprocessor...

17. gecko

gecko

I upgraded a project to 4.3, and I'm getting the error below in xcode. So then I read the thread and upgraded my Prime31 plugins...but I'm still getting the error, even after cleaning the project in xcode. The error points to GameCenterManager, but that file was not updated -- it's datestamp is Feb 8 2013. Is there something else I need to do?

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    "UnityPause(bool)", referenced from:
    +[GameCenterManager showViewControllerModallyInWrapper:] in libGameCenterPlugin.a(GameCenterManager.o)
    +[GameCenterManager dismissWrappedController:] in libGameCenterPlugin.a(GameCenterManager.o)
    -[GameCenterManager authenticationChanged] in libGameCenterPlugin.a(GameCenterManager.o)
    ___44-[GameCenterManager authenticateLocalPlayer]_block_invoke in libGameCenterPlugin.a(GameCenterManager.o)
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

18. prime31

prime31

@jojtaba64, it is possible to use them both in the same project.

19. mojtaba64

mojtaba64

My Mac app rejected:

I've tested my app, everything looks fine... searched the forum, no one had this problem! what should I do??

Thanks

20. prime31

prime31

@mojtaba, just check the box in the Unity Player Settings for "Use Mac App Store Validation".

21. mojtaba64

mojtaba64

Thanks, But I've Already done it!
    Actually, if I didn't check "Use Mac App Store Validation" I couldn't test IAPs... I have an app with using your Storekit plugin in MAS now, So I'm sure I did everything you said in the document...

This is the whole message from apple:

I think the main issue was the second section "The in-app purchases ... do not appear to be present in the app."
    So I'm going to upload the binary again and explain it to him/her.

22. Trung

Trung

Hi prime31,

I facing a problem when try to submitting my app to apple store: "Your app contains non-Public API usage".
    $aaa.png

I detected that "libiPhone-lib.a" and "libiPhoneNetwork.a" has non-Public API inside.

Could you please tell me how to solve it?
    I'm using Xcode 4.6 and this project was exported from Unity 4.1

Thank you so much,

trungdv1987@gmail.com

23. prime31

prime31

@trung, libiPhone-lib and libiPhoneNetwork are not from our plugins.

24. JonnyHilly

JonnyHilly

added local push notification, to remind user to come back to play my game, but when you tap on it, a big, ugly, scaled, wrongly rotated app icon appears on screen for a second or so, before the proper loading image is displayed. How do I get rid of this please ? The P31 docs do not specify how to provide a path to alternate display image. I guess it does not use the default app loading / splash image.

How does the path to "launchImage" parameter work please ?
    Thanks

// Schedules a local notification. Text is the text in the alert prompt, action is the button text, sound is an audio file in your app bundle and launchImage is a different default.png to use when launching.
    public static void scheduleLocalNotification( int secondsFromNow, string text, string action, int badgeCount, string sound, string launchImage )

25. prime31

prime31

@jonny, here is a snippet directly from Apple's documentation that explains how a local notification works on iOS:

26. JonnyHilly

JonnyHilly

Thank You

27. Trung

Trung

Thanks for your response.

But do you know where are those libs from? Because i got this project from a friend and try to submit it to store for him. He don't know anything about it.

Thank you.

28. Trof_Sivart

Trof_Sivart

I have a question about CoreLocation. Would there be a way to use CoreLocation to update a variable in my script which stores the latitude and longitude while the iphone is screen locked? It seems as though Unity applications are paused while they are running in the background, so I was wondering if CoreLocation was a way to get around it.

29. prime31

prime31

@trof, Unity apps are indeed paused when backgrounded so they cannot receive any data.

30. avatara359

I'm so glad I found this post! I was getting "SendMessage: object StoreKitManager does not have receiver for function productsReceived!" and couldn't figure out why. Some previous developer left a GameObject in scene named StoreKitManager. I'm very surprised that was the issue, I thought SendMessage only called functions in script classes. Now the delegate correctly calls my void "OnProductListQuerySuccess(List<StoreKitProduct> products)"

31. retox

retox

Hey Prime is everything ok with your website? I can't seem to access it at the moment.

32. prime31

prime31

@rotox, it was down for about 15 minutes. I am in the process of setting up with a new host right now due to the downtime that has been happening with the current host.

33. armanigt

armanigt

@prime any luck here?

I just bought a plug in from your site but aside from receiving confirmation from paypal that the payment has been processed, I have no further info on what to do next.

I can't even read the forums because they require me to register, but your website seems to puke whenever it tries to send me a confirmation email.

sigh . . .

34. prime31

prime31

@arm, shoot me your PayPal Transaction ID via email (questions at prime31.com). I had to do an emergency web host change so DNS records and all that jazz will take 2-4 hours to propagate. Once they do everything should return to normal on the new host (if all goes well).

35. prime31

prime31

@arm, if your initials are M.M. I see the transaction and I also see a receipt email that went out to a*GT@gmail.com. Be sure to check your SPAM folder since the email originated from a fresh server so there is a good chance it got flagged as SPAM.

36. unitynewb

unitynewb

In your Social plugin:
    postMessageWithLinkAndLinkToImage

What size should the picture be? I have done one that is 1x1 aspect ratio and that works on pc facebook, but on the phones facebook app it looks like crap. I then did one that is 1x1.91 aspect ratio and it looks great on phones facebook app, but its cropped with the sides cutout on the PC facebook.

What do you recommend?

37. prime31

prime31

@unitynewb, that method uses the Facebook Graph API endpoint "me/feed" who's documentation makes no mention of image sizes. Your best bet it so just try out a few and see what Facebook renders best on all your target devices.

38. unitynewb

unitynewb

Yeah basically they recommend a image of 1x1.91 for mobiles and 1x1 for pc and I guess you have to pick one or the other. Oh well I guess I'll go with the mobile image.

39. prime31

prime31

@nitynewb, out of curiosity, where did you find their image aspect ratio recommendations for non-posted images? I can't seem to find that documented anywhere.

40. unitynewb

unitynewb

41. prime31

prime31

@unitynewb, interesting. I thought those values only applied to images that were actually uploaded to Facebook's servers. I guess it is possible they just download the images from the link locations and do their thumbnail creation on their servers.

42. QPRocky

QPRocky

How can I make fallback from iAd to AdMob, if iAd isn't available, as I cant see any "event trigger" in iAd, which could inform, that it failed to receive ad.

43. prime31

prime31

@QP,

It fires with true when an ad is available and false when no fill is available.

44. SmurGoes

SmurGoes

Hey Prime31,

I can't seem to build a X-Code Project with neither Etcetera nor Social Networking plugin while having code strip set at micro mscorlib.
    For Etcetera Unity complains about System.Reflection.Emit having an unresolved reference, and Social Networking gets System.Type::MakeGenericType.

Mind you, this all happens in an empty project with just the plugins extracted into them with test scenes.

Switching to only Strip Bytecode makes the projects build, but I am under the assumption that all Prime31 plugins should work with micro mscorlib, correct?

In any case, thank you for providing such a great support service throughout the Unity forums.

45. prime31

prime31

@smurgoes, we dropped micro mscorlib support a whole back when Apple raised the OTA size again. Micro mscorlib is too limiting and didn't allow us to put in handy features like JSON deserialization to classes among others.

46. SmurGoes

SmurGoes

Oh, so that was the case? I didn't catch any note regarding that on your documentations page.
    It might be a good idea to make a quick note on the plugins that previously supported micro that they no longer do.

In any case, I'm glad the solution was a simple one. Thank you for your help! :)

47. SmurGoes

SmurGoes

Hello again,

the X-Code Project builds fine, but when running the app with a test-scene it halt immediately with:
    Code (csharp):
    1. dyld: Symbol not found: _UICollectionElementKindSectionFooter
    2.   Referenced from: /var/mobile/Applications/A206FB2C-76E0-41D0-A129-D10C4F64390E/pluginsundock.app/pluginsundock
    3.   Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/UIKit
    4.  in /var/mobile/Applications/A206FB2C-76E0-41D0-A129-D10C4F64390E/pluginsundock.app/pluginsundock
    5. (lldb)
    I'm running it on an iPad 1 with iOS 5.1.

48. prime31

prime31

@smur, see Important note on the top of the documentation page for the extra step required for iOS 5 compatibility.

49. SmurGoes

SmurGoes

Ah, my bad for not paying attention to proper documentation!

I'll post the note here so it'll show up in search for others stumbling upon this.

iOS 5 compatibility fix for Etcetera Plugin (via Prime31 documentation):

50. QPRocky

QPRocky

I'm sorry to bother with following issue, but could someone confirm, if iAd interstatials are working in my game.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/finger-soccer-game/id815829167?ls=1&mt=8

Those should got visible, after you have quitted from actual gameplay mode->menu.
    I cant test those, as Im from finland, where iAds arent supported, so I get only fallback to admob interstatial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.