Search Unity

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prime31

prime31

Dont forget to checkout the brand spanking new EtceteraTwo Plugin! It includes TVOut, local notifications (they look and work just like push notifications), movie playback with orientation control and more coming as the requests come in!

2. defjr

defjr

EtceteraTwo looks nice, I might wait for a few more features though. Still waiting for some details about Nectar...

3. prime31

prime31

@earl, ahhh, the fabulous Nectar. Nectar is one of those things that should be a requirement for every game to have. I wish I could inject it into just about every game I have ever played on my iPhone and iPad. Maybe we will release a little demo video this week...

As for EtceteraTwo, if there is something you would like to see in there don't hesitate to shoot us a request. We are letting the developers decide the features and we will keep adding as we get requests.

4. defjr

defjr

@Prime31 Please share some Nectar goodies.

Can you make a badass MapKit plugin?

5. prime31

prime31

@earl, I'll whip up a Nectar video tomorrow. Quick and ugly style.

6. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

I got the updated for Xcode iAd, Game Center and Social Networking. Thanks so much for your effort.. but when will have the update for StoreKit?

On the other hand, how can I use iAd plugin which can auto detect to show other Ad or web banner when iAd is not available in country? Thanks?

7. prime31

prime31

@ssmchan, StoreKit is updated as well for Xcode 4. Just grab the latest package. For iAd there is no sure fire way to detect countries. What many folks do is listen to the adViewDidChange event and when it gets hidden they show a different ad (like Mobclix or AdMob).

8. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Thanks so much and your fast reply. I will use the old link to download the latest update.. thanks.

I have downloaded it and the update is 5 April 2011. I think this should be updated!

Do you mean I can modify the iAd plugin on "adViewDidChange" to make which I want?

Regards,
    Simon.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  9. prime31

prime31

@ssmchan, if you listen to the adViewDidChange event and it tells you the ad view was hidden (no ad inventory to fill it) then you can destroy the iAd and show another ad banner.

10. the_golden_gunman

the_golden_gunman

Hi Prime,

I'm encountering a problem when trying to add the Etcetra2 plugin into my project. I've successfully integrated Etcetra1 into my project, but upon building with Etcetra2, I'm given an error which prevents me from installing onto my device. The error is as follows:

Code (csharp):
    1. The Info.plist for application at .../SceneManager.app specifies a CFBundleExecutable of SceneManager, which does not exist

FYI, I am using the following Prime plugins with my project:
    NativeToolkit
    SocialNetworking
    Etcetra1
    Etcetra2

I've followed all the usual steps such as using the chmod command in the directory which contains the PostProcess scripts. I've built my project with Xcode closed to setup all of the plugins, and each one reports that they have installed successfully. I've also edited the pList for my project using the Prime31 drop down window in Unity, and tested it such that I can see that accessing Facebook works correctly.

Do you have any idea why I might be getting this error message, and how I might go about fixing the problem?

As I say, when I don't integrate Etcetra2, this problem does not occur.

Also, as you can see the name of my app for now is SceneManager.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  11. prime31

prime31

@golden, that is an odd one. Etc 2 doesn't touch the CFBundleExecutable which is a required plist entry that is always present. Have you tried deleting your Xcode project and rebuilding?

12. the_golden_gunman

the_golden_gunman

Thanks Prime, I'll give that a go, although I think I tried pretty much every single variation of doing that already. Is there anything else that could possibly cause the problem?

13. prime31

prime31

@golden, I can't think of anything that could cause that besides directly modifying the target settings. If your project is small enough to zip up feel free to email it my way (questions (at) prime31.com)

14. mswehli

mswehli

Hi, does the iAd plugin not work with sdk 4.2?
    My app using 4.3 was rejected, because it seems unity is incompatiable with it, however on 4.2 it doesn't compile. Any suggestions to a work around?
    thanks.

15. prime31

prime31

To get it working with 4.2 you will need to comment out the references to interstitial ads in the AdManager.mm file

16. mswehli

mswehli

Thanks, seems to have worked. Hopefully wont get rejected again :)

17. MikaMobile

MikaMobile

Hey Prime, I recently purchased your Gamekit Bluetooth/Wifi Multiplayer plugin and have been experimenting with it a bit. It seems great so far. I was wondering - have you done any intensive performance tests with it, specifically via bluetooth? I expect to be frequently sending a fairly large number of messages for synchronizing the state of enemies and other players, albeit with as much prediction/smoothing as possible. Still, I worry about both the number of messages I'll be sending, as well as the fact that your plugin sends messages to gameobjects by name, which I found a little surprising. I'm accustomed to caching references to frequently used objects for performance reasons, and wondered if what you're doing under the hood is as expensive as a GameObject.Find or GetComponent type of thing.

In practice I expect I'll continuously send messages to the same object over and over, since I like to build my unity games with a primary "manager" game object that drives most of the action. It seems potentially wasteful to have to re-send which object I want to talk to every single time, especially in the scenario I've described. Maybe this is a non-issue and I'm overthinking it?

If you've done any stress tests, or know of any games on the app store that make use of your plugin for handling multiplayer, I'd be interested in hearing about them.

18. prime31

prime31

@Mika, for GameKit you get a nice low latency connection which is a wonderful thing if you are used to networking over the net. The reason for requiring the gameobject name is so that the built in UnitySendMessage C function can be used. You could potentially wake out some more performance hacking away at the Mono runtime and setting up static methods but I'd personally hold off on that until it is deemed a requirement.

Have a look at the games page (http://prime31.com/unity/games) to find some games that use the plugin.

19. the_golden_gunman

the_golden_gunman

Hey Prime,

I've figured out the problem. It's because the following method is used in both EtcetraManager.mm and EtcetraManagerTwo.mm. This means that when you compile and build the xCode project, you run into problems because of the duplication.

Code (csharp):
    1. UIColor * ColorFromHex( int hexcolor )
    2. {
    3.     int r = ( hexcolor >> 24 )  0xFF;
    4.     int g = ( hexcolor >> 16 )  0xFF;
    5.     int b = ( hexcolor >> 8 )  0xFF;
    6.     int a = hexcolor  0xFF;
    8.     if( a == 0 )
    9.         a = 1.0f;
    11.     return [UIColor colorWithRed:(r/255.0) green:(g/255.0) blue:(b/255.0) alpha:(a/255.0)];
    12. }
    I don't need the usage of it from EtcetraTwo (it's the Local Notifications that interest me), so I commented it out and any use of it from EtcetraManagerTwo and resolved the problem, but it might be something you want to look into.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  20. prime31

prime31

@golden, good find. I'll wrap it in an ifdef to avoid the compiler complaints.

21. mehware

mehware

Is there a way to changed the sensitivity of the gyro in the device motion package so when you assign the gryo information it doesn't move as fast?

22. prime31

prime31

@mehware, the gyros just return the raw data. You can scale the values returned by just multiplying by a small number or you can implement a simple low pass filter to smooth things out.

23. defjr

defjr

Did I miss a video or do you still owe us one?

24. prime31

prime31

What video are you looking for?

25. itech

itech

26. prime31

prime31

@itech, Looney Kart is up on the games page now. It looks awesome. Well done! For all those who haven't seen it yet have a look at a showcase of Unity Games http://prime31.com/unity/games. There are some really fun games in there and looking at this list makes money fly out of my pocket and into the App Store.

27. defjr

defjr

This video! :D

Also, what are your recommendations in regards to Admob vs. Mobclix vs. iAd, etc?

28. prime31

prime31

@Earl, oh no! I totally forgot! I'll whip it up today for sure.

29. prime31

prime31

Nectar's first ever public display is now live! You can see a nice quick demo here:

30. Toad

Toad

The Nectar plug-in looks really great (as with all your stuff :)). Seems like it could be a must-have for Universal apps.

How does it transfer the data? (via Bluetooth?)

31. macfinch

macfinch

Hi all and Prime31.

We've included the iAd plug-in to our game which is now available on the app store. At the moment it's just supported with ad revenue. We've gotten some revenue from UK and US, but when I and my friends play the game in China the iAds just appear as the test ads "Test Advertisement", and we've not received any revenue from china even though there's been quite a good number of ad requests. I've played a friends game here (chinese company) and the live ads are appearing in their game. I've asked another developer but wanted to also check with Prime31 and the wider audience.

So:

1) Has anyone else gotten the "test advertisement" text in their live game, how did you disable it?
    2) Can someone please have a test of our game in their country and see if they are getting the "test advertisement" text as well.
    3) Has anyone gotten revenue through iAds in China?
    4) Are live ads only being served in China through games developed by Chinese companies?

Here's the link to the game: www.tinyurl.com/gochickgofree
    or just search for Go Chick Go Free in the app store.
    I've also attached some ad revenue details to share. Shame about China not getting any revenue :s

Thanks for any advice.
    -M

Attached Files:

32. macfinch

macfinch

33. prime31

prime31

@macfinch, did you send a debug build to Apple? The only way the test ad should ever be able to show up is in a debug build.

@Matt, right now Nectar uses WiFi but we will probably add Blurtooth as well before launch.

34. macfinch

macfinch

@Prime31 - no, it was a release build. I'm thinking it might be due to apple not having an add agreement in place with local government here. The other game I played which showed the ads is a Chinese company and so it could be that. I've emailed apple to find out and will let you know what they say. We've been getting revenue in other countries and so the test ads aren't appearing everywhere.

Thanks for the reply.
    M

35. RolfBertram_dot_me

RolfBertram_dot_me

:confused:Should I do anything about this, or is this not dangerous?:

Assets/Scripts/StandardGUI/StandardGUI.js(1833,52): BCW0005: WARNING: Unsubscribing from event 'StoreKitManager.purchaseSuccessful' with an adapted method reference. Either change the signature of the method to 'callable(String, String, int) as void' or use a cached reference of the correct type.

This is what I do to stop the plug-in before leaving the menu to play a level:

Code (csharp):
    1. function StopStoreKit () : void {
    2.         // Remove all the event handlers
    3.         StoreKitManager.purchaseSuccessful -= onPurchaseSuccessful;
    4.         StoreKitManager.purchaseCancelled -= onPurchaseCancelled;
    5.         StoreKitManager.purchaseFailed -= onPurchaseFailed;
    6.         StoreKitManager.receiptValidationFailed -= onReceiptValidationFailed;
    7.         StoreKitManager.receiptValidationRawResponseReceived -= onReceiptValidationRawResponseReceived;
    8.         StoreKitManager.receiptValidationSuccessful -= onReceiptValidationSuccessful;
    9.         StoreKitManager.productListReceived -= onProductListReceived;
    10.         StoreKitManager.productListRequestFailed -= onProductListRequestFailed;
    11.         StoreKitManager.restoreTransactionsFailed -= onRestoreTransactionsFailed;
    12.         StoreKitManager.restoreTransactionsFinished -= onRestoreTransactionsFinished;
    13. //      EtceteraManager.imagePickerCancelled -= onImagePickerCancelled;
    14. //      EtceteraManager.imagePickerChoseImage -= onImagePickerChoseImage;
    15. //      EtceteraManager.alertButtonClicked -= onAlertButtonClicked;
    16. //      EtceteraManager.promptCancelled -= onPromptCancelled;
    17. //      EtceteraManager.singleFieldPromptTextEntered -= onSingleFieldPromptTextEntered;
    18. //      EtceteraManager.twoFieldPromptTextEntered -= onTwoFieldPromptTextEntered;
    19. //      EtceteraManager.remoteRegistrationSucceeded -= onRemoteRegistrationSucceeded;
    20. //      EtceteraManager.remoteRegistrationFailed -= onRemoteRegistrationFailed;
    21. //      EtceteraManager.urbanAirshipRegistrationSucceeded -= onUrbanAirshipRegistrationSucceeded;
    22. //      EtceteraManager.urbanAirshipRegistrationFailed -= onUrbanAirshipRegistrationFailed;
    23.         EtceteraManager.mailComposerFinished -= onMailComposerFinished;
    24. //      EtceteraManager.smsComposerFinished -= onSmsComposerFinished;
    26.         // Remove all the event handlers
    27.         // Player events
    28. /*      GameCenterManager.loadPlayerDataFailed -= onLoadPlayerDataFailed;
    29.         GameCenterManager.playerDataLoaded -= onPlayerDataLoaded;
    30.         GameCenterManager.playerAuthenticated -= onPlayerAuthenticated;
    31.         GameCenterManager.playerLoggedOut -= onPlayerLoggedOut;
    33.         // Leaderboards and scores
    34.         GameCenterManager.loadCategoryTitlesFailed -= onLoadCategoryTitlesFailed;
    35.         GameCenterManager.categoriesLoaded -= onCategoriesLoaded;
    36.         GameCenterManager.reportScoreFailed -= onReportScoreFailed;
    37.         GameCenterManager.reportScoreFinished -= onReportScoreFinished;
    38.         GameCenterManager.retrieveScoresFailed -= onRetrieveScoresFailed;
    39.         GameCenterManager.scoresLoaded -= onScoresLoaded;
    40.         GameCenterManager.retrieveScoresForPlayerIdFailed -= onRetrieveScoresForPlayerIdFailed;
    41.         GameCenterManager.scoresForPlayerIdLoaded -= onScoresForPlayerIdLoaded;
    43.         // Achievements
    44.         GameCenterManager.reportAchievementFailed -= onReportAchievementFailed;
    45.         GameCenterManager.reportAchievementFinished -= onReportAchievementFinished;
    46.         GameCenterManager.loadAchievementsFailed -= onLoadAchievementsFailed;
    47.         GameCenterManager.achievementsLoaded -= onAchievementsLoaded;
    48.         GameCenterManager.resetAchievementsFailed -= onResetAchievementsFailed;
    49.         GameCenterManager.resetAchievementsFinished -= onResetAchievementsFinished;
    50.         GameCenterManager.retrieveAchievementMetadataFailed -= onRetrieveAchievementMetadataFailed;
    51.         GameCenterManager.achievementMetadataLoaded -= onAchievementMetadataLoaded;
    52. */
    53.     }

36. prime31

prime31

@Rolf, I have never seen that particular warning before. Does it happen at runtime or compile time? Does your onPurchaseSuccessful method have the proper signature (string, string, int)?

37. macfinch

macfinch

@Prime31 - I've sent an email to support at Apple and will let you know what they say. As well my friends company in China is also not getting revenue here through iAds in the Chinese market even though the ads are being served here.

By the way, please add our game to your site. Here's the link www.tinyurl.com/gochickgofree
    We used the iAd plug-in and planning on implementing the Adwhirl plug-in soon. Great work :)

38. 3dgrinder

3dgrinder

Hi Prime,

We are bit in trouble to identify the Audio file placement in the document directory or bundle. We have an audio file name intro.mp3 and we want to play it using you AudioPlayer plugin. So, if we want to use
    Code (csharp):
    1. public static string prepareToPlayFile( string filename )
    then where should I place that audio file? I need to add it in the Xcode Project manually or is there any automated way to include it while do post processing?

I think for
    Code (csharp):
    1. public static void showBezelActivityViewWithImage( string label, string imagePath )
    it's same. Will be helpful if you give some reference or the way we should do it.

39. the_golden_gunman

the_golden_gunman

Hi Prime,

With the EtcetraTwo plugin, I was wondering if there is a way to know when an app is started as a result of a local notification? My app will send out a local notification when certain timer-based events are ready. This allows the user to re-enter the app as a result of pressing OK on the Local Notification popup. It's at this point that I would like to run some tasks. Is it possible to detect that at all?

I am using your native plugin to detect when appWillResignActive() is called, however, that will trigger on any interrupt, and I would like it to be called only whenever the user enters the app as a result of a local notification only.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  40. prime31

prime31

@grinder, it sounds like you are looking for two different file paths. To get to the documents directory, you can just use:

Environment.GetFolderPath( Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal )

To get to the app bundles directory you will need to remove "Documents" from the previous path. To add audio files to your Xcode project you will just need to drag and drop them in.

@golden, there currently isn't any way to tell if a local notification opened your app directly. The iOS way to do it would have required changes to the AppController which we were trying to avoid. What I did when testing is put the date of the local notification in PlayerPrefs then just check it on launch to see if it was within 30 seconds of that time. If that doesn't seem sufficient for everyone we will do a patch of the AppController file in an update.

41. the_golden_gunman

the_golden_gunman

Thanks Prime, that's a good suggestion as a work-around.

However, if it is possible to modify the AppController, please let me know, as I would always prefer to know in code 100% that we have entered the app through a local notification as opposed to an educated guess.

42. 3dgrinder

3dgrinder

Thanks prime but I wanted to:

1. Do I need to add that Audio file (Intro.mp3) in Xcode manually or there is another automated way to do it?
    2. If I add it to Xcode by drag and drop then
    Code (csharp):
    1. prepareToPlayFile ("Intro.mp3")
    will be enough?

I added that file in Xcode and called
    Code (csharp):
    1. prepareToPlayFile ("Intro.mp3");
    that method but it's not getting that file.

43. Matkins

Matkins

Someone else got this same error as me previously in this thread, but it appears they solved it by simply re-downloading latest version of the plugin, and I doubt that'll work for me as I've only just downloaded them today from the purchase completion emails.

The compile errors are as follows:

Code (csharp):
    1. Undefined symbols for architecture armv6:
    2.   "__nativeToolkitSetAnimationDuration", referenced from:
    3.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    4.   "__nativeToolkitDeactivateUI", referenced from:
    5.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    6.   "__nativeToolkitActivateUIWithController", referenced from:
    7.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    8.   "__nativeToolkitInit", referenced from:
    9.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    10.   "__nativeToolkitSetAnimationTypeAndSubtype", referenced from:
    11.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    All I've really done is added the plugins and rebuilt. Same errors for architecture armv7 too.

44. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Heya,

I am getting the exact same errors as Matkins. I had a trivially simple Unity program that was successfully deploying to my IPad2. I then downloaded the NativeToolkit Plugin from the Unity Asset Store. I installed the plugin, added the 2 new scenes to the build, and told it to run and build. It created the project, but when I try to run it in XCode, I get the EXACT same errors as Matkins above, as seen here:

Code (csharp):
    1. Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    2.   "__nativeToolkitSetAnimationDuration", referenced from:
    3.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    4.   "__nativeToolkitDeactivateUI", referenced from:
    5.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    6.   "__nativeToolkitActivateUIWithController", referenced from:
    7.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    8.   "__nativeToolkitInit", referenced from:
    9.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    10.   "__nativeToolkitSetAnimationTypeAndSubtype", referenced from:
    11.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    12. ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    13. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Gigiwoo.

45. prime31

prime31

@grinder, the prepareToPlayFile will not work for your case. It only works for files in the Documents folder. To play files in the app bundle you will need the full path and then use the method prepareToPlayFileAtPath. To get the path to the app bundle see my previous message.

@Gigiwoo and @Matkins, as long as you guys are both using Xcode 3.x all you need to do is make the PostprocessbuildPlayer* files executable. The Asset Store wipes the executable flag for some reason. To do this, just open a Terminal and navigate to the Editor directory then enter this command:

Code (csharp):
    1. chmod a+x PostprocessbuildPlayer*

46. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

For what it's worth - regarding the above issue. I did try this several times, in a variety of ways. It looks correct as shown here of UnityTest5/Assets/Editor:

drwxr-xr-x 17 myname staff 578 Apr 18 10:50 NativeToolkit/
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 myname staff 600 Feb 15 21:36 PostprocessBuildPlayer*
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 myname staff 1011 Feb 15 21:36 PostprocessBuildPlayer_NativeToolKit*
    -rw-r--r-- 1 myname staff 44026 Feb 15 21:36 UpdateXcodeNativeToolkit.scpt

But still, I get the errors.
    Gigiwoo

47. prime31

prime31

@Gigiwoo, one other important thing to make sure is that you never use Build and Run from Unity. It won't allow the post process scripts to run. For the first build do a Build followed by Replace to get a clean Xcode project.

Just to confirm, are you using Xcode 3.x?

48. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Prime,

Am using XCode 4.0.1 and Unity 3.3.0. (both the latest as far as I know). I tried doing it again without the Build Run, just using Build. To make sure and I tripled checked the chmod on the scripts.

Picture for you: http://screencast.com/t/K8WmTcqY2Mj
    This should be a picture of the settings: http://screencast.com/t/mYoljEdmerBz

Gigiwoo.

PS - Your instant replies are awesome! If I can get this working, I look forward to buying some of your 'real' plugins. I just thought I'd start with the easy one first.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  49. mehware

mehware

Quick Q. I am using Device Motion and returning the raw gyro data. I want to run it through a low pass filter to tone it down. How do I convert that tho to a rotation to a first person camera. Or if i get the normalized quaternion how do I scale that down? Thanks.

50. prime31

prime31

@mehware, you have to be careful with the data if you are doing a FPS. This is a bit tricky to explain but I'll include a picture. You have to adjust the data to account for the fact that the device orientation is changing. There was a thread on this earlier with some good solutions. Give the forum a quick search and you should find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.