Search Unity

Prime31 Android Plugins Officially Live!

Discussion in 'Android' started by prime31, Jun 6, 2011.

1. hexdump

hexdump

Hi,

I really need help badly. I have updated to last In app billing version and have tried the test scene. I can initialize the billing system, ask for product info but when I try to buy a test product I always get "item not found" or "Error while retrieving information from the server RPC:s-7:AEC-0". It doesn't matter what I do. I have tried on 4 different phones.

Any tip would be really appreciated.

Note1: I have tried to buy real products and it works :/. What could be happening? I need to test products to test different situations.

Note2: Using provided test scene.

Cheers.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  2. protagonistic

protagonistic

Prime31,
    I currently observe a strange behaviour in Android Etcetera plugin, EtceteraAndroid.promptToTakePhoto function.
    On most devices I need to take photo and hit "Ok" twice in called android photo interface, before application is returned to Unity.

edit:
    And photoChooserSucceededEvent not firing at all!
    I am running included example scene.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  3. aigam

aigam

Hi!

With the "In App Billing Plugin" is posible to do a restore purchase? I see no info in the docs.
    Thks

4. protagonistic

protagonistic

And, suddenly, Unity plugin manager ends up with "email not verified" error upon login. Can not access my purchases for a day now.

What happened?

5. prime31

prime31

@hex, Assuming that you set up your app correctly in the Google web interface, properly signed your app, include the correct public key your best bet is to contact Google. Only Google can tell you why Google servers are returning a specific error.

@aigam, there is no such concept in Googles billing system. Read their documentations overview section to learn how their system works.

6. bpritchard

bpritchard

@prime31

Morning! Had a quick question on the v3 IAP plugin for Google. I see that they changed how the "return purchase" system works and we're trying to get that all updated on our end. Everything works great for a regular purchase but we're trying to figure out how best to return purchase for users who have deleted and reinstalled the app etc. These are not for consumables.

So on the queerySucceededEvent, we see that we can get the purchaseState from Google, is there any documentation on what those keys would return? I assume that we would check against the GoogleSkuInfo thats coming back from the query event yes? We really just need to know what all the possible variations of state's the system can return.

Is this the page that would return the values?
    http://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/billing_reference.html

With that being said, we can assume that after the query, if the productState is 0 we can go ahead and perform an unlock as that would mean they already purchased?

Cheers
    Bryan

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  7. yanebra

yanebra

Hi all,
    I am very New in Unity.
    I have problems on setting of the facebook plugin,
    I have follow all the steps which can be found in the internet, Hash key from my own Keystore--> App ID to Manager--> CFBundle.
    However, I cannot find the manifest.xml, why will this happen?
    Can someone give a hand to me.
    Thx
    Yan
    P.S. , I understand this maybe a stupid Questions, but i reli can't find the answer out there.

8. vinzer_x

vinzer_x

Hi, just bought the Social Networking yesterday, and I was playing around with the demo scene and added just a debug GUIText so I don't have to wade through log. I noticed that the user credentials weren't being saved once the application has been closed.

My steps:
    1. Open demo scene in Android device.
    2. Click on initialize button.
    3. Click on login, do Facebook login stuff.
    4. Click on reauthorize, accept dialog boxes.
    5. Click on post image, image has been posted successfully on Facebook timeline (so the FB setup of my app is working).
    6. Fully close the app (not just hitting the home button).
    7. Open the app again.
    8. Click on initialize, the debug text I placed shows that there is an access token and the session is valid.
    9. Try to post image, and I get a FileNotFoundException (if I understand correctly, I think this is Facebook's way of saying I'm not authorized to post)

The only way I could post an image with the second run-through is if I do the log in and reauthorization steps again. Is this the intended behavior? If it is, is there a way that one could store credentials on the device so the user won't have to log-in every time he/she closes and opens the app? Or am I just missing some step somewhere along the way?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

9. CPXTom

CPXTom

Hey, I'm trying to test canceled purchases using the android.test.canceled productId (as described here: http://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/billing_testing.html). However I get an error when trying to purchase. The error is: "Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-7:AEC-0]"

I think this is happening because the itemType of the purchase is being set to "subs", when it should be "inapp". From what I've read (correct me if I'm wrong) these test productIds won't work for subscriptions. When I change the productId back to a productId I have listed on our Google Play account all is fine (itemType is set to "inapp" and purchases work fine).

My only other guess is since this isn't using the production store, maybe Google's test server is down (seems unlikely).

Any help is appreciated!

10. prime31

prime31

@cpx, Google has broken the test items with billing version 3. The best way to test is to purchase a proper item using your test account and then cancel it in the Checkout Dashboard

11. KamiKaze425

KamiKaze425

Hey there, so I'm a bit confused on something with the Twitter plugin on Android.
    When I first log in, the show dialog appears. I log in. Then I log out using the "TwitterAndroid.logout()" method. But now when I call "TwitterAndroid.showLoginDialog" nothing happens.
    Am I missing something?

12. krisakti

krisakti

Hi prime,

I was trying to use the facebook demo and i already follow your step in your documentation page, but i still confuse because i already click button "Graph Request (me)" and "Get Friend" but nothing happen.
    Can you help me give proper way to use it or modify it.
    because i need to create function that will retrieve user's facebook friends.

~thx~

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  13. BonPlus

BonPlus

Hi again
    I'm trying to implement GREE's framework with my game to use leaderboards and achievements (ala iOS' gamecenter). Up until importing their assets into my project, the social networking plugin was working fine. However, when I build it with GREE, the game crashes after attempting to do a Facebook Login (Every method for Twitter keeps working though). I thought it was a problem with Facebook's initialization, but the method prints my keyhash just fine. I have tried to combine both plugins' manifests, but I don't know if I'm doing it right and that is why it crashes.

--EDIT--

Here is some of my crashlog, would appreciate any help on the matter. Thanks
    Code (csharp):
    2. I/Prime31 (14611): FacebookPlugin: openActiveSession.call with state: OPENING, exception: null
    3. I/AudioFlinger( 1828): stop output streamType (0, 3) for 1
    4. D/dalvikvm(14611): GC_CONCURRENT freed 333K, 6% free 9949K/10503K, paused 2ms+2ms
    5. D/dalvikvm(14611): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 9K, 6% free 9939K/10503K, paused 13ms
    6. I/dalvikvm-heap(14611): Grow heap (frag case) to 10.750MB for 1048592-byte allocation
    7. D/dalvikvm(14611): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed <1K, 6% free 10963K/11591K, paused 13ms
    8. D/dalvikvm(14611): GC_CONCURRENT freed <1K, 6% free 10964K/11591K, paused 1ms+2ms
    9. D/AndroidRuntime(14611): Shutting down VM
    10. W/dalvikvm(14611): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40c3f1f8)
    11. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    12. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {bar.djs/com.facebook.LoginActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException
    13. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2456)
    14. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2484)
    15. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1998)
    16. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:127)
    17. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1159)
    18. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    19. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
    20. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4507)
    21. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    22. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    23. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:790)
    24. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:557)
    25. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    26. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    27. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at com.facebook.LoginActivity$2.onBackgroundProcessingStarted(LoginActivity.java:76)
    28. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at com.facebook.AuthorizationClient.notifyBackgroundProcessingStart(AuthorizationClient.java:389)
    29. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at com.facebook.AuthorizationClient.access$0(AuthorizationClient.java:387)
    30. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at com.facebook.AuthorizationClient$GetTokenAuthHandler.tryAuthorize(AuthorizationClient.java:539)
    31. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at com.facebook.AuthorizationClient.tryCurrentHandler(AuthorizationClient.java:214)
    32. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at com.facebook.AuthorizationClient.tryNextHandler(AuthorizationClient.java:193)
    33. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at com.facebook.AuthorizationClient.authorize(AuthorizationClient.java:121)
    34. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at com.facebook.AuthorizationClient.startOrContinueAuth(AuthorizationClient.java:102)
    35. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at com.facebook.LoginActivity.onResume(LoginActivity.java:113)
    36. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnResume(Instrumentation.java:1157)
    37. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:4539)
    38. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2446)
    39. E/AndroidRuntime(14611): ... 12 more
    40. W/ActivityManager( 1993):   Force finishing activity r.intent.getComponent().flattenToShortString()

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  14. pweeks

pweeks

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  15. JChilton

JChilton

Hi prime!

Does the GoogleIAB package have any intent handling for IN_APP_NOTIFY messages?
    Specifically notifications of cancellation/refunded status of items.
    I was unable to see any public methods or event handlers that pointed to such.
    I couldn't find any mention of it in the available docs on your website.

Also, does the purchase history retrieved by "queryInventorySucceededEvent" return items per account or per device?

I did want to say though that both the StoreKit and GoogleIAB are great packages, made managing in app purchases a wonderfully simple procedure. I was able to setup itunesconnect and gplay with billing information, created the IAP, and managed IAP in just two days time, with successful callbacks to purchases with test accounts.

16. prime31

prime31

@jchilten, queryInventory is how you get your purchase history and the current state of products for the current user. Google updates it when refunds/purchases occur (but not immediately! They should but for some reason it takes a variable amount of time).

17. JChilton

JChilton

Alrighty; thanks for the rapid response. I'll give it a solid 48 hours and see if the cancellation goes through properly.

18. sampson3333

sampson3333

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't start async operation (refresh inventory) because another async operation(refresh inventory) is in progress.
    at com.prime31.util.IabHelper.flagStartAsync(IabHelper.java:972)
    at com.prime31.util.IabHelper.queryInventoryAsync(IabHelper.java:711)
    at com.prime31.GoogleIABPlugin$2.run(GoogleIABPlugin.java:125)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:605)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4424)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:784)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:551)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

How to solve it, thank you.

19. GermyGames

GermyGames

20. krisakti

krisakti

Hi, prime31.

I try to integrate prime31 social plugin function with my game.
    but it turn out make my game crash.

How to fix this?
    or maybe someone could teach me how to properly integrate prime31.

21. prime31

prime31

@kris, Facebook pretty clearly told you what the error is in that log: "Cannot pass a publish or manage permission (publish_actions) to a request for read authorization". Our docs have a section that explains permissions/authentication and links to Facebooks. You really need to read and understand them if you want to use Facebooks API.

22. storatest

storatest

hi prime, i just buy android in app billing yesterday, but when i try the demo scene, nothing happens, the debug event never get called, any idea?

23. Garm-r

Garm-r

Hi Prime,

One question.
    In the iOS version of the SocialNetworking Plugin, you have a method to access the notification url, "getAppLaunchUrl()" in FacebookBinding.cs.

However I don't see any equivalent in the android version.

Is this implemented or going to be soon?

24. prime31

prime31

@killer, there is no such thing as an app launch URL on Android. That is an iOS specific feature as iOS apps can be opened via internal urls.

25. hexdump

hexdump

Hi,

I just bought Google Game services plugin from your site. Haven't have time yet to test it but have noticed that it doesn't support Multiplayer. It was my fault not reading the documentation :). Anyway, is there any estimated date to add all this functionality to the plugin? I know it will be a tough task, but I think it is the most appealing functionality in google services.

Thanks in advance.

26. prime31

prime31

@hex, as of now there are no plans to add multiplayer.

27. DARK_ETERNAL

DARK_ETERNAL

Greetings Prime.

I wonder, which of your plugins might need ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION permission? I'm deleting it, but after building the .apk, it will appear again. I removed every permission just to test, and this will arise, with the INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE permissions.

Thanks in advance.

28. prime31

prime31

@dark, just open the Manifest.xml files to see which needs it

29. DARK_ETERNAL

DARK_ETERNAL

Greetings.

Already did, and I also removed every activity using the plugins. The activities won't come back, but the permissions will do. Maybe it's got something to do with the configChanges? I'll do some research.

Thanks for your attention.

30. krisakti

krisakti

hi prime, thx for your answer before.

But now i want to ask, if is it possible to change blackscreen that appear when we call function to login Facebook?
    It allways appear and make my game seems ugly, i just want to change the appearance into proper loading screen for my game.

31. prime31

prime31

@krisakti, you cannot change that. It is securely loading a web page on Facebooks server.

32. RRF_FPL

RRF_FPL

I'm trying to integrate Android Twitter Social for my application, I'm able to show the login, log in and get authorized, but in the page where it should redirect me back to my app, nothing happens and the only way I can get back to the app is by touching my devices back button, which triggers the loginFailed event.

My Callback URL is set to http://www.google.com and the Twitter init is completed succesfully.

33. amySnow

amySnow

Hi, prime31.
    I have a problem with the new In App Billing Android plugin(05-30-2013)
    After I updated the IAB plugin(from 03-20-2013 to 05-30-2013),I can not purchase the same item,which had already been consumed successfully,(I saw the log of the consumed successed ).But when I wanted to purchased it again, purchaseFailedEvent was happened, the error message was : you have sttempted to purchase an item that has already been purchased.

Then I tried the demo,if according the the following steps(A) , it works well, I can purchase the same item again
    1.GoogleIAB.init( key );
    2.GoogleIAB.queryInventory( skus );
    3 GoogleIAB.purchaseProduct( "android.test.purchased" );
    4.GoogleIAB.consumeProduct( "android.test.purchased" );

then purchase it again
    5.GoogleIAB.queryInventory( skus );
    6. GoogleIAB.purchaseProduct( "android.test.purchased" );

but if I tried to do the the following steps(B) , purchaseFailedEvent was happened
    1.GoogleIAB.init( key );
    2.GoogleIAB.queryInventory( skus );
    3 GoogleIAB.purchaseProduct( "android.test.purchased" );
    4.GoogleIAB.queryInventory( skus );
    5.GoogleIAB.consumeProduct( "android.test.purchased" );

then purchase it again
    6.GoogleIAB.queryInventory( skus );
    7. GoogleIAB.purchaseProduct( "android.test.purchased" );

I want to get the purchased item from calling queryInventory and then consumed it, but after consume it successfully ,it can not been purchased again.
    Is there any mistakes in my steps(B)?
    and now according step(B),in order to make purchase the same item again works,must I do GoogleIAB.init( ) first everytime before I want to buy any item?

waiting for the answer ,thanks very much.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  34. Abza1989

Abza1989

Hi Prime,

I have updated to the new version of the SocialNetworkingPlugin and have got a weird problem. On the test scene the showlogindialog works fine but when i do the same setup for my scene the login dialog does not appear and the log shows this.

I/Prime31 ( 1060): initializing Twitter service
    I/Prime31 ( 1060): initialized Twitter service. got requestToken
    I/Prime31 ( 1060): service is null. We can't do anything until init is called

Can you please advice on how to fix this problem. thanks

35. prime31

prime31

@abza, it looks to me like you aren't listening to the twitterInitializedEvent. No method calls will work until that fires

36. Abza1989

Abza1989

the listener throws the twitterInitializedEvent:

/Unity (28944):
    I/Unity (28944): twitterInitializedEvent
    I/Unity (28944):
    I/Unity (28944): (Filename: ./Runtime/ExportGenerated/AndroidManaged/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)
    and as i pasted on my first post it gets the request token too..

Thanks

37. prime31

prime31

@abza, the proper flow is the following:

- call init
    - wait for the twitterInitializedEvent. Do not do anything or call any other method until the twitterInitializedEvent fires
    - now it is safe to login or call other methods

38. Abza1989

Abza1989

Ahh ok. Yep that was the fault. I was calling Logout() before the initialise event.

Thanks mate.

39. Abza1989

Abza1989

Hi Prime

Got the login to work with Twitter and its all set up. But when i post a message using

TwitterAndroid.postUpdate(message);

It fires the requestSucceededEvent but when i check on twitter the message has not been posted. the log shows this

I/Unity (28584): requestSucceededEvent
    I/Unity (28584):
    I/Unity (28584): (Filename: ./Runtime/ExportGenerated/AndroidManaged/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)
    I/Unity (28584):
    I/Unity (28584): --------- IDictionary ---------
    I/Unity (28584):
    I/Unity (28584): --------- IList ---------
    I/Unity (28584): errors:
    I/Unity (28584): --------- IDictionary ---------
    I/Unity (28584): message: The Twitter REST API v1 is no longer active. Please migrate to API v1.1. https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1.1/overview.
    I/Unity (28584): code: 68
    I/Unity (28584):
    I/Unity (28584):
    I/Unity (28584): (Filename: ./Runtime/ExportGenerated/AndroidManaged/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)
    I/Unity (28584):

Thanks in Advance.
    Abz

40. prime31

prime31

@abza, an update will be out soon. In the meantime you can just use the performRequest method to do posts using Twitters 1.1 endpoints.

41. Abza1989

Abza1989

Thanks again. that works. Great job mate.

Abz

42. iRetrograde

iRetrograde

Hi Prime,

How's it going?

I'm trying to do something where if I release a new version of my game, when users connect to my server, they'll be redirected to a website where they'll be able to upgrade the game to the latest version (google store, or my website).

So, I got that working, but when I direct users to the site using: EtceteraAndroid.showWebView() I'm unable to download the .apk file by clicking on it. I am able to click on the link, and although it looks like it begins processing the download, nothing gets downloaded.

This is the test case right here, if you install the .apk (http://www.cegames.ca/builds/WordWays_av1.03.apk) you will connect with the server, which will tell you that the client version is out of date. After pressing the "ok" on the dialog, you'll be redirected to the site with all the builds, but clicking on any of these, won't start the download of the .apk.

I would really like to give my users the ability to download the update from within the app itself. Is there a reason in particular why this wouldn't work? Any suggestions in terms of how to get around this?

Thanks for your time,

43. prime31

prime31

@iretro, you have to use Application.OpenURL to get to the full web browser if you want users to be able to download. The in-app web view will not download and install apk files.

44. iRetrograde

iRetrograde

Thanks a ton for the quick response, will get right on this!

45. iRetrograde

iRetrograde

Worked magically like butter on toast. Thanks Prime!

46. Unity_gamer

Unity_gamer

Hi Prime,

I'm using the Etcetera Plugin for iOS to create push notification. I have integrated it ,but i'm not finding option to report on the Urban Airship regarding App opens or Time.Could please guide me about that ?

Thanks.

47. prime31

prime31

@Unity_gamer, Urban Airship support is not part of the plugin. You can check their docs and add support yourself as long as they have a REST API or similar.P

48. buitruong

buitruong

Hi Prime,
    I'm using Google Cloud Message plugin. I had followed the guide on http://prime31.com/docs#androidGoogleCloudMessaging. This was the result which google api returned:

However, this was the appropriate log on my logcat eclipse:
    And my device didn't receive any notification. Any ideas about the "message type from bundle is null" in the log?

49. prime31

prime31

@buit, that all looks normal. The plugin must listen to all broadcast Intents and if one comes in without a message type it is ignored. It could be from any other app on your system.

50. rbisso

rbisso

Hi, Prime. I have a situation where the item I'm purchasing is a currency that is meant to be purchased over and over again, and is confirmed/kept track of on our backend. Is there any way to make these purchases over and over again without having to go through the trouble to make the consume call? Prior to updating to your latest plugin, we didn't have to do this and everything just worked properly.