Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Previously occlusion-baked scenes now invisible in regular scene view

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by MvdLaar, Oct 27, 2016.

1. MvdLaar

MvdLaar

Hi all,

I decided to quickly try out 5.5 after having used 5.4.0f3 for a while. The scenes we usually work in unfortunately all appeared empty - after fiddling around, I discovered it was the occlusion (bake) that was messing with the drawing of our objects.

This is what the scene looks like with the inspector view selected and the Environment group object:
    upload_2016-10-27_10-2-39.png

However, when selecting the occlusion tab, things become visible as should be, at least in this specific camera frustrum. I can also move the camera as per normal, showing other clusters of the occlusion bake:
    upload_2016-10-27_10-3-3.png

I cleared/cleaned the occlusion bake and rebaked, but that doesn't seem to change the issue in the scene view. Furthermore:
    • Importantly, while playing, the rendering switches from all-normal to all meshes completely invisible at some very specific camera positions.
    • Regardless of objects being marked as occlusion static or not, they're all invisible.
    • Scenes that were previously not occlusion baked (small test scenes for example) have no problem at all. All scenes that had occlusion bakes have this problem.
    • All meshes and materials are imported normally. Reimport didn't change the issue.
    • No warnings apart from a small shader issue that hasn't been adapted yet to the 5.5 changes.
    Am I overlooking something or is this a bug that I should report? Posting it as I can imagine a few more people are having this, but couldn't find a reference on the forums yet (like me).

Thanks in advance,
    Matthijs

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi MvdLaar,
    Thanks for reporting this. Could you please file a bug report together with a minimal reproduction case and reply with the issue # in here?

3. MvdLaar

MvdLaar

Hi LeonhardP, upon minimalizing the testcase I found that it was actually one simple thing causing this: the atmospheric scattering plugin that Unity released with the Blacksmith demo (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/39939).

Removing the plugin from the project removes all these drawing and playmode errors. We ourselves won't be needing that plugin anymore anyway, but it might be worth checking that out for if anyone else is using it.

LeonhardP likes this.