Search Unity

Bug Preview packages automatically gets installed

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Rajdeep100, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Rajdeep100

Rajdeep100

Everytime I create a new Unity project, the Preview Package called "Toolchain Win Linux x64" gets installed automatically, I tried removing it but after some time it get installed by itself...

Unity Version : 2020.3.0f1 Personal,
    Code Editor : VS Code.

2. AlmightyGames

AlmightyGames

I'm experiencing this same issue with Unity 2020.3.0f1 LTS as well as 2019.4.21f1 LTS. I feel like it's a bit strange that an LTS version of Unity's software demands a Preview Package out of the box with no indicators whatsoever on how to remove it. I don't intend to build for Linux (or Mac) and have tried changing to 32 bit in the Build Settings to overcome this Preview Package's auto-installation. Nothing seems to work. It's just irritating. I'd like to know how to remove the package from my projects, and would find it even more intuitive if the package didn't auto install with the creation of each new project. It doesn't feel right for an LTS version to require an experimental package.

3. Rajdeep100

Rajdeep100

I installed Unity 2019.4.24f1 LTS with a module called "Windows Build Support" and started a project from scratch,
    now the problem is solved for me.

Unity's Bug reporting tool doesn't even work, and Unity 2020.x.xf1 LTS doesn't support background compilation and is full of bugs!!!

4. chmodseven

chmodseven

Check under Project Settings/Toolchain Management. There's an annoying checkbox that for me was on by default.

Turn that off, and then you should (I hope) be able to delete the package in Package Manager and have it stay gone.

2021-04-21 07_59_28-.png

5. Rajdeep100

Rajdeep100

That worked, thanks!!