Search Unity

Preview 8.

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by eizenhorn, Jul 2, 2018.

1. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

Nowhere saw release notes on the preview-8 of ECS package, so may will be useful.
    From the familiar that I saw comparing with the previous version.
    Bad: Length now requires readonly keyword, will have to be changed throughout the project, oh I'm lazy. (Okay okay is a joke it's not bad)

Now we can get index of ComponentGroup from Injected Group!
    upload_2018-7-2_18-56-33.png
    upload_2018-7-2_19-7-23.png

Rewrited ArchetypeChunkArray also CreateArchetypeChunkArray now returns NativeArray<ArchetypeChunk> instead ArchetypeChunkArray.

ScriptBehaviourUpdateOrder - CollectGroups, InsertWorldManagersInPlayerLoop, SetPlayerLoop now private\internal.

Unity Mathematics preview 10- implicit bool operators for float2-3-4, added quaternion struct (with rotations, euler and many classic quaternion stuff), noise rewrites, math rewrites.

Entity Debugger now can show palyer loop separatly by worlds or full:

upload_2018-7-2_19-10-54.png upload_2018-7-2_19-11-6.png

2. recursive

recursive

I like this. I like this a lot.

FROS7 and hippocoder like this.
  3. Singtaa

Singtaa

The Entity Debugger no longer show custom UpdateGroups. This was very hopeful. Any chance to bring it back?

4. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

The last excerpt from the post is just about the display options, the full player loop should show everything, I'm not currently at the computer and I can not check, but I think custom groups should also be displayed

5. Singtaa

Singtaa

Doesn't show for me. All my systems are just lumped in the Update group now.

6. floboc

floboc

Should it be "[ReadOnly] public int Length;" now then ?
    I just tried and changed it everywhere and at run-time I get the error "group Length must use the "readonly" keyword" on the exact same line where I added the [ReadOnly] attribute...

Looking at the diff you showed in first picture, it seems that this error is always thrown ???

EDIT: my bad, it was actually the keyword, so "public readonly int Length;" is working :)

andywatts likes this.
  7. MartijnGG

MartijnGG

An important note. The systems displayed in the Entity Debugger are now shown in the order that they actually run in! Super handy, thanks!

andywatts likes this.