Search Unity

preview.8 -> preview.10 Difference

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by eizenhorn, Aug 17, 2018.

1. davenirline

davenirline

I'm not sure either. I just follow some existing samples and my manifest file is somehow using the staging server. Whenever I open the Package Manager and see that there are updates, I just update. Now that I know this, I might not want to change. This forum is like the only source of ECS info for now. I wouldn't like it if people are talking about new features that I don't have access to.

2. LazyMonkey

LazyMonkey

Yeah this is also happening to me. Where can we change the settings for the packages server?

3. 5argon

5argon

In your Packages/manifest.json if you have the line
    "registry": "https://staging-packages.unity.com",
    then you will be using the staging server. IIRC the early ECS instruction in GitHub told me to copy some lines to manifest and I left it like that ever since.

LazyMonkey likes this.
  4. Singtaa

Singtaa

Yup, I had a similar experience with [UpdateBefore(typeof(Initialization))] too. So, there's none of that in my code base now. But for preview10, I have to add [UpdateBefore(typeof(EndFrameBarrier))] to every UpdateGroup I'm using in order to keep EndFrameBarrier at the very bottom.

I have a trigger system that depends on the EndFrameBarrier to automatically remove trigger-esque componentData. And these triggers are also sync'ed across network. So all hell broke loose when EndFrameBarrier suddenly was not at the end. =/