Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Preview 4?

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by Scorr, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Scorr

Scorr

Was just wondering if there's plans to release a Preview 4, since it's been over 4 months since Preview 3 was released. It'd be interesting to test the 2d navmesh support from 5.6 with tilemaps.

From the roadmap it seems like tilemaps aren't going to make it to 2017.1.

Dorodo and seobyeongky like this.
  2. Dorodo

Dorodo

I second this. I've seen some people here getting frustrated from the lack of updates (not necessarily releases, but just a heads up on development at least).

Also, from what I understand, Unity changed it's release model so new, shining features wouldn't be tied up to major releases, and I was hoping that change would also come with more clarity and freedom on development progress.

3. Jay-Pavlina

Jay-Pavlina

Getting... so tired... of checking this forum for updates... and there not being any. :(

4. AssembledVS

AssembledVS

Yeah, it's a bit odd that wer'e not really getting any updates. Hopefully this means that they're working on it. They have said previously that they plan to release the tilemap and most of what we've seen during the first half of 2017.

5. douglasparker

douglasparker

I was assured in another thread by mid 2017. I've been putting off future projects just for this, so I hope I'm not going to be severely disappointed.

6. Torguen

Torguen

I am also looking forward to seeing this released.