Search Unity

Preventing "first frame default value flash" of BindableElement

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by 5argon, Oct 6, 2021.

1. 5argon

5argon

When I design a bindable UXML, it has some default values. But since each element has binding path, they would all be replaced by the bound object.

When I use it in my custom inspector, I load UXML, CloneTree(this), then finally .Bind(mySerializedObject). But the first frame I can see briefly the design-time value before it is controlled in the next frame.

What can I do after binding to force the tree to change immediately rather than waiting for the next frame? I tried MarkDirtyRepaint, but it is the same, the method says it will repaint the next frame which would occur anyways due to having new binding value. I want the tree to change this frame after setting .Bind.

Currently I manually change the tree using the binded value's fields but it is not generic, different UXML needs different solution just to fix its first frame.

2. jonathanma_unity

jonathanma_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, from what you're describing this should not happen so this may be a bug but it's hard to tell without proper investigation. Could you report a bug (Help -> Report a Bug...) with a sample repro project?

5argon likes this.