Search Unity

Question Prevent textures from getting worse when switching platform to Android?

Discussion in 'Android' started by CWatsonT2, Nov 28, 2022.

1. CWatsonT2

CWatsonT2

I have textures with text that is pixelate but readable when the platform is set to Windows. When I switch the platform to Android the text gets blurred and is no longer readable. I've tried changing all the settings I can find and even setting the textures to uncompressed but there is still a loss of quality. I've attached screenshots of both platforms so you can see the difference. The textures is 7X larger in the android build so I don't see how the quality could be worse but it is. It's also a 2k texture which I think is ok for an Android build. This is for VR so it won't work if nothing can be read.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oyQHz8aMjwbw7PD87
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/XWKwuaiMSMgHtP6Q8

2. vagelis199

vagelis199

Check Edit->Project Settings->Quality->Textures->Texture Quality if its not set to Full Res then your textures render in smaller res than the default

3. CWatsonT2

CWatsonT2

Yep set at Full Res. I also set the texture to RGBA 64 which I believe is the highest quality. That is what is making the texture 47mb. But still the quality decreases when switched to Android.

4. vagelis199

vagelis199

Maybe it is related to mip maps? try disabling mipmaps from the texture that look blurry

5. CWatsonT2

CWatsonT2

I tried that too. Turning off mip maps didn't make any difference.

6. LandonC

LandonC

Try Filter Mode: Bilinear.
    One of the setting would lower quality for the sake of performance, it is only suitable for pixel style games.