Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join us on Thursday, September 29, for a day with Unity's SRP teams here on the forum or on Reddit, and discuss topics around URP, HDRP, and the Scriptable Render Pipeline in general.
    Dismiss Notice

Prevent Camera Rotation while moving between targets

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by AntLewis, Oct 28, 2020.

1. AntLewis

AntLewis

Hey there, I have a number of targets that I want cinemachine to track (turn based title). Ideally, all I want (for the moment) is a simple behaviour - for the camera to move between characters in the scene, with no rotation on the camera whatsoever. I thought a transposer camera set to world space, with aim set to none would accomplish this, but when the camera moves it still rotates (primarily around the Y axis). I've tried a few variations but can't seem to crack it. So what should I be using for my Body? I assume I want Aim to do nothing.

Cheers for any assistance!

2. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

Hey,
    The way you describe it (transposer with binding mode world space) should produce the result you are looking for. Could you provide more details or a simple project where I can see the problem? :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  3. AntLewis

AntLewis

Ah that worked! Thanks :)

unityunity