Search Unity

Pretty big bug. Pretty much can't use Unity anymore at all!!!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by janimator, Dec 12, 2019.

1. janimator

janimator

For some reason, unity won't let me do anything anymore. Doesn't matter if it's a clean install of Unity, It doesn't matter what version of Unity. I'm just stuck. My coworker had a similar issue (not sure if it's the same but was very similar), and after a whole bunch of developers tried to fix it for him the solution is literally to format the computer. I know it sounds ridiculous, I hope that's not the case for me. Please help as I do not wish to go down that route!

I'm on Windows 10 and was playing around with a few different versions of unity including Unity 2020.1.0a15, 19.3.0f3. There is no indication as to when the issue started but now whenever I add a new script to the project my unity just throws a blank error message and i can no longer play the scene. I tried to delete all the unity folders in AppData Local/Roaming/LocalLow in case that did would help. It didn't.

Below is a screencap "Unity_Bug.gif" of a brand new scene and all I'm doing is adding a new script.
    Unity_Bug.gif

All I can really offer you guys is Git spits out after this bug appears. The first git status is run before i added the new script file, the second is after. Not sure what's going on here.
    upload_2019-12-11_19-16-39.png

Please help.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Are you only getting this error on betas/alphas, or are you also seeing it on released versions? The latest released version of Unity is 2019.2.15 just last week.

3. janimator

janimator

Right now I'm going to try the following

- Individually uninstall all Unity installations via Unity Hub
    - Uninstall Unity Hub via Windows Add or Remove Programs
    - Delete all Unity and UnityHub folders from Appdata Local/Roaming/LocalLow
    - Delete all Unity folders from Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    - Delete Unity folder from withing C:/Program Files
    Did I miss anything?
    - Restart Computer

- Reinstall UnityHub and Unity

[Result]
    Nothing is fixed.
    First thing I see when loading up a fresh copy of Unity 2019.2.15f1 is the following in my console.
    upload_2019-12-11_20-5-44.png

Adding a file resulted in the exact same issue
    upload_2019-12-11_20-21-20.png

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  4. janimator

janimator

Seeing this on released versions as well. Somehow it triggered ontop of all my unity versions.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  5. janimator

janimator

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You can safely ignore the Curl error for now, it's being addressed. Your app should still run.

7. janimator

janimator