Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Preserving data from Legacy Analytics for a court case

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by YD_JMysior, Jan 8, 2024.

1. YD_JMysior

YD_JMysior

Hello,
    my company will be filing a court case against another company.

One of our project's basic data from Unity Analytics (eg. DAU & MAU for 2021, 2022 and 2023) will most likely be used as "evidence". We need to be able to show this data to the court and this might happen in late 2024 or even in 2025.

The project uses legacy analytics and the data was properly collected by Unity Analytics. I can see this data without problems in the current Dashboard.

Two questions:
    1. With the discontinuation of the Legacy Analytics can we expect to be able to browse this project's data for years 2021-2023 for the next 2 years in the current dashboard, or will this data be deleted / archived somehow? I've received emails about this discontinuation process but they were a bit vague on this.

2. Is there a way to obtain a full database dump/backup for our project's analytics data? We could export some single reports as CSV, but it's impossible to predict what kind of reports the court (or our lawyers) will request so it would be safer to just download and archive all the raw data. Is that possible and how?

Thanks in advance