Search Unity

Presenting the Top DOG registrations!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Samantha, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Randy-Edmonds

Randy-Edmonds

Thanks. No it was done with Vue. Its mostly skybox.

2. Jessy

Jessy

If it's worth it, it's worth it. But if it is worth it, I won't want to download that every time I want to play! Hopefully OTEE implements an easy way for the average person to play our web games repeatedly even with cache clearing, in 2.0.

3. cgoran

cgoran

Well, I guess we are not the highest, but not the lowest file size!

Did everyone design the web page surrounding the player as well?

4. Randy-Edmonds

Randy-Edmonds

I really wanted to make a really nice web page to 'house' the player, but I ran out of time. So mine was a simple one color page with the name of the game and a short description below the player.

5. cgoran

cgoran

This happend to us as well :? Just ran out of time.

6. MatthewW

MatthewW

We ended up with the straight Unity template ;)

7. aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan

And that's what it was going to be, actually. :) Online level creation and other online features, but... alas...

8. GWPGearWorx

GWPGearWorx

9. MatthewW

MatthewW

Graph of our source control commits (there were 23 yesterday). Pretty easy to see where we entered into a 3-day crunch.

For some reason I really enjoy generating statistics from projects. Here's an old graph from a project for Cartoon Network. I bet you could guess where the alpha/beta milestones were...

http://www.flashbangstudios.com/tests/subversion_goldmaster.gif

10. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

So are we going to get to see all of the official submissions (and play them) or are these being kept private?

Jeff

11. Joe ByDesign

Joe ByDesign

Hi gang,

Some images notes from Make Bouncy Bouncy.

Notes:
    - Building Game Mechanic, if you bounce on 6 consecutive pads, you'll grow in size and jump higher, giving you an advantage. If you bounce on 10 consecutive pads, you grow to max size bounce, but also get a visual advantage (pads appear highlighted).
    - Network Interaction: Level music is downloaded from the ByDesign Games server and starts playing at about 10%. 5 music tracks in total.
    - Visuals: 5 levels of unique styling (I had made 10 for Top Dog, but only managed to integrate 5 by deadline).
    - Audio: Game uses melodic audio cues to hint at building gameplay mechanic, also unique music streamed for each level.
    - World's fastest-made game logo (hahah)

- 1 person working a total of 10 days: the idea started on the entry deadline I had some other work to do before starting development.
    - All shadows are 1.62 friendly (i.e not 2.0 shadows)
    - Multi-language support (tho currently no UI to change it haha)
    - Full version to include over 40 levels, with a similar variety of styles, interactive content (flying objects and barriers), multiple exits, more fluid intra-room access, more natural difficulty curve (TD version ramps up quickly) and more game modes (timed, graffiti, multiplayer, etc.).

There are some bugs and other things I didn't manage in time for the deadline, but I had fun making this! Thanks OTEE!

Attached Files:

12. Jessy

Jessy

Man, I love your game's name. I was hoping it wasn't a typo when the projects were announced. My wishes have come true.

And it looks awesome. WHEN DO WE GET TO PLAY THESE?!?!?

13. Lka

Lka

Hi all!
    Some screenshot of my entry: "Saturn Fighter Wing - Red Zone"

Attached Files:

14. Joe ByDesign

Joe ByDesign

Steve your CocoNuts (great name!) game looks very cool... in fact, all the entry screens I've seen look awesome!

Zen of Clover, Splume, Puzzle Craft, World Capitals, Castles, GravBall, Turtle Trap, Red Zone, Spiders from Mars, Star Fighter... they all look sweet!

I'm betting judges will have a hard time with so much quality work.

Great job to everyone!

15. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

I'm anxious to release my entry for feedback (It needs it, gameplay needs some work), however OTEE typically don't like us to release content for beta players so I'm waiting for an OK from them before giving a URL. Anyway here's a few screenies...

Attached Files:

16. kaaJ

kaaJ

Wow, the amazing screens keep on coming...

the only thing left is sweeeet sweeeet gameplay, but I guess we'll have to wait a few more days?

Btw, Casemon, Are those shadows done with projectors? (nicely done)

Grtz,
    kaaJ

17. pete

pete

wow! glad i didn't enter :D nice work and good luck everyone!

18. VICTOM

VICTOM

In the spirit of the contest. I'm proud to present the CuttleCandy images...

Attached Files:

19. kaaJ

kaaJ

Nice artwork! you got a professional look going on there...

Good luck!

20. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Once again showing how thankful I am for not having dared presume I could enter anything remotely as good as what is being shown in these screen shots.

Superb efforts folks, all around!

21. User340

User340

I've been awake for 4 days waiting to see the top dog competition games. I can't wait anymore. Lets all hold hands and chant "We want the games, we want the games!" :)

22. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

We want the games! we want the games!

BTW, I think they will not be available until 24th in which they are evaluated and the five chosen for the final rect will be announced.

But still i like the motion !!

.ORG

23. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

Many of the Top Dog games were made with the Unity2 alpha release. Therefore, we cannot make them public before Unity2 is ready and bugfree.

Also, a lot of these games contain WIP work - hence, it's relly up to the individual contestants if/when/how they want to release them (as long as it's not before 2.0!)

24. proparjak

proparjak

Here is a screenshot of Fight Pong inside a webpage in its "pre-pre-alpha" version ;).

Attached Files:

25. AaronC

AaronC

All this work is legendary you guys, I bet the otee guys feel proud seeing all this high quality work spawnwd from their engine...

All these screenshots look completely and utterly professional-I think we're looking at history in the making here folks.

This is Unity making a noise like never before, and I think we're going to really alert the world to the high quality of unity in a heartbeat. Fantastic work all of you, otee incl.

So who's the poor soul who has to judge these in the competition sense? I dont envy you at all..

AC

26. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Judging is being done by a number of us at OTEE and it's a tough job we're all happy to take on! :)

27. Morgan

Morgan

I just have to add yet another comment that all this stuff looks amazingly cool, and I can't wait to see/play them!

28. auguches

auguches

When would be the finalist announcement? We are all impatient to know!
    :D

29. kaaJ

kaaJ

Yeah same here :) ... Were are waiting on IRC ;-)