Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question PrepareFrame and ProcessFrame methods not invoked for PlayableBehaviour with generic params?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by senox13, Apr 20, 2023.

1. senox13

senox13

I can't find anything explicitly acknowledging this in the playables docs, but it seems that PlayableBehaviour-derived types do not behave as expected with generic parameters. Simply taking the last example from this page and adding a generic parameter to the playable's definition causes PrepareFrame and ProcessFrame to be ignored and the playable graph inspector to display the name improperly. Is this as intended? Is there a broadly accepted workaround for this?

2. senox13

senox13

After checking the limited source code that Unity makes available and finding absolutely nothing helpful, I just bit the bullet and worked around the limitation using a simple pair of proxy classes, one with a generic param and one without, both nested in my PlayableBehaviour subclass. I've saved my code to a gist as an example for anyone who runs into this same issue in the future, though I'd still love to know if there's a cleaner way to go about this.

https://gist.github.com/senox13/8f29c9969e66620694ff2cc02b0b30a1

3. alior

alior

Same thing here.