Search Unity

Premiere-like Clip Selection Tool?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by mister_lon, May 17, 2018.

1. mister_lon

mister_lon

Hi there,

Been using Cinemachine/Timeline for an intro cinematic and loving it! It does everything I've wanted in an animation tool in Unity since I started using it many years ago. Great stuff!

As someone who come from a background editing in After Effects and Premiere, I often find myself wanting to select all the clips from one point in time forward, similar to the Track Select Forward tool in Premiere (example below). That way I can move all the clips from that time forward together to insert another one in-between. Right now I have to carefully wade through all my groups, awkwardly scroll down the timeline to select everything before moving them.

Is there a way to do this currently or any plans on editing tools like this?

Thanks!

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Right click on the playhead, there are some additional selection tools. Not exactly a 1-to-1 with premiere, but you can do a select forward.

3. chafik_unity

chafik_unity

Unity Technologies

Also in Unity 2018.1, Timeline introduced new ways of manipulating clips. Ripple mode seems to be helpful in your case.

Attached Files:

4. mister_lon

mister_lon

Ah nice! I haven't downloaded the new version yet! This looks exactly like what I need. Thanks for the tips! :D

Christine_R likes this.