Search Unity

Preloaded strings are not available in scripting (0.5.1)

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by stefankohl, Jan 16, 2020.

1. stefankohl

stefankohl

I'm facing a problem regarding preloading of strings where some of the LocalizedStrings return an empty result when accessing those through scripting. For convenience, I've marked all string tables as preload content and I can see that the addressables have the preload label attached. As far as I understand, preloading is part of the InitializationOperation and I should be safe as long as I wait for this operation to finish. This is done on my bootstrapping code, ensuring that the content is not loaded before the system is initialized.

However, calling something like "title.GetLocalizedString().Result" returns null.

Am I missing out on something?

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Yes that should be fine. What is title.GetLocalizedString.Status? It should be completed

3. stefankohl

stefankohl

Status is "None". This is what I get as debug output:

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Are you able to share a project with the problem? You should be able to use the bug reporter like normal.
    Just post the bug number here so I can track it

5. stefankohl

stefankohl

I haven't had time yet to isolate the issue or building a repo project. However, I went with the regular approach to just keep querying the status of the async operation and displaying the text only after it is set done. This works fine for now.

karl_jones likes this.