Search Unity

Feedback Preferred Music Asset Formats for Developers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RyanMcQuinn, Jun 5, 2020.

1. RyanMcQuinn

RyanMcQuinn

Hi Unity Devs. I'm assembling a music asset pack and would like to know how you prefer your files when purchasing a pack like this. The music was originally used in a game under a non-exclusive contract, using looping .oggs (maximum quality). I also have the .wav soundtrack versions (44.1kHz 24bit) that can be used for promotion and other instances where you may require lossless quality. Should I include looping .wavs as well? Is there something else you prefer? Does anyone prefer 48kHz lossless files?

Also, I'm making a YouTube promo video for the pack. How much does it bother you to hear the audio watermark every 10 seconds? I tried to make it palatable, but I am considering removing it. I find it distracting and unpleasant. Do these audio watermarks ever turn you off to the point of not purchasing a product?

Thanks very much for your time and thoughts. I greatly appreciate it.

2. xazz_6_unity

xazz_6_unity

For a long time, the Standard MIDI Document (MIDI, 1996) was the main regular trade group for representative music records. Be that as it may, MIDI was created so as to trade melodic messages between electronic instruments, not to trade music documentation between applications. In this way MIDI contains modern portrayals for how to make music sound on an instrument, however crude portrayals for how to cause music to show up on a printed page.
    Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020