Search Unity

Question Prefabs placed with Polybrush hovering

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Miguim, May 27, 2020.

1. Miguim

Miguim

I'm trying to place prefabs with Polybrush on meshes and sometimes, depending on the prefab and the parent, the prefabs end up hovering above the parents surface. The only object (in the image attached) that is constantly placed correctly is the box. This is apparently because the box collider used is on the root object of the prefab, while the others have multiple colliders within their children. To stir things up further, the spruce is correctly placed when it's placed on a plane as seen on the far right of the image but end up hovering when placed on any side of a cube or on a custom mesh.

Is using multiple colliders not supported in Polybrush? There is no way for me to make all of these objects with only one collider in the root object, because I'd rather use basic colliders over mesh colliders and because some of the objects I'm trying to place are partially dynamic.

My Unity version is 2018.4.12f1 but I also tested with 2019.3.14f1. Polybrush version is 1.0.1, while I also tried 1.02 preview 4.

polybrush.png

2. IAmBurtBot

IAmBurtBot

Try checking the Use Pivot box:

upload_2020-10-5_11-7-4.png