Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prefabs are broken on beta 9 and beta 10.

Discussion in '2017.3 Beta' started by georgeq, Nov 23, 2017.

1. georgeq

georgeq

Any one else has experienced trouble with prefabs that containg UI elements?

When I hit "Apply" on a UI prefab all the RectTransform's anchores and offsets get corrupted on the inspector, so every time I make a change on the inspector and apply the changes, I have to delete the GameObject on the hierarchy and drag and drop it from the project in order to correct the problem, some times if I enter play mode, the RectTransform also get corrupted, so I have to repeat the operation in order to have the correct values on the playing scene.

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

3. georgeq

georgeq

Yes, that exactly what I'm experiencing! In that thread they say this problem would be resolved on b6 or b7, but I'm still having it on b9 and b10, don't know why they say they are unable to reproduce it, when it's so obvious.

4. Tanaalethan

Tanaalethan

Yep, just noticed this myself. Tried updating a UI element and resaving the prefab via Apply button and EVERY recttransform in the entire prefab resets to xyz 0,0,0.

5. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

6. WinterboltGames

WinterboltGames

Happening here too! this bug is driving me mad!