Search Unity

Prefab World Builder

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by pluginmaster418, Aug 10, 2021.

1. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Hey, just to let you know that I was able to reproduce the same behavior here and that I'm working on fixing it right now.

2. Mcminin

Mcminin

Really liking this tool so far.
    Great job!

But I got this issue with many of my prefabs, where half of them goes into the ground. I would guess this is a position issue with the prefab itself.
    Is there a way for the brush to place the object based on the prefabs collision box?
    Been playing around with the offset, but it's not the same for every object

upload_2021-10-9_23-36-59.png

3. Mcminin

Mcminin

Thanks for quick answer
    I did try that setting upload_2021-10-10_0-0-23.png

4. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

You're right. Embed on surface works at the height of the pivot. I'm going to add that feature to the next version. Added to to-do list.
    However, if you use the pin tool, you can do so by using the Page Up/Down shortcut to change the height of the handle.

5. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Another alternative is to use the selection tool with "Embed on the surface" option enabled.

Mcminin likes this.
  6. dock

dock

looks like 2021.2 introduced a minimum width/height for panels which spoils the nice Prefab World Builder toolbar

upload_2021-10-27_12-23-29.png

7. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Hi, thanks for letting me know. Now there seems to be an option that allows creating custom overlays, so I'm going to do that to fix it. I will include it in the next version.

dock likes this.
  8. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Prefab World Builder 1.4 2021 - November - 4
    Features
    • [Added] Thumbnail editor.
    • [Added] Tools overlay panels in the scene view window. (Unity 2021.2 or higher)

9. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

PWB tools are available as overlay panels in the scene view window (in Unity 2021.2 or higher) to make them more accessible and improve your workflow.

Displaying and hiding Overlays
    1. Click anywhere in the Scene view and press the Spacebar to open the overlays menu.
    2. Click the overlay you want to display or hide. If the Overlay is already displayed, an eye icon appears to its left.

10. dock

dock

Code (csharp):
    2. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    3. PluginMaster.ToggleManager.DeselectOthers (System.String id) (at Assets/PluginMaster/DesignTools/PrefabWorldBuilder/Editor/Scripts/PWBToolbarOverlay.cs:57)
    4. PluginMaster.ToolToggleBase`1[T].OnValueChange (UnityEngine.UIElements.ChangeEvent`1[T] evt) (at Assets/PluginMaster/DesignTools/PrefabWorldBuilder/Editor/Scripts/PWBToolbarOverlay.cs:97)
    I tried the new overlay in 2021.2.1, but now I can't use the tool at all. It doesn't paint or pin anything. It doesn't even show the brush area.

11. dock

dock

Switching back to 2021.1.27 for now for fewer bugs.
    The Erase tool seems to ignore objects sometimes.
    They both have convex mesh colliders, but only the round object can be deleted reliably.

upload_2021-11-5_9-48-7.png

edit: it could be that my uModeler prefabs are cursed. Not sure. Sorry I'm unable to check this more thoroughly.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  12. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Thanks for reporting the bugs in 2021.2.1. I already fixed them. Email me at pluginmaster418@gmail.com to send you the fix before the new version is released.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  13. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

You need to increase the size of the eraser. Objects must fit inside the circle to be detected.

14. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Version 1.4.1 is now available. The bugs you reported have been fixed. check it out.

15. dock

dock

I really like the 'Grid Type' option for Prefab World Builder, and I was wondering whether you would consider adding a Hex Grid to the types of grid supported. I'm currently working on a hex grid based environment and it would be incredibly useful to snap to grid via Grid and Snap settings.

pluginmaster418 likes this.
  16. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Added to to-do list.

17. desukarhu

desukarhu

Is there a way to get the brushes to work in prefab edit mode? The only brush I'm able to get to work is the pin tool with paint on grid paint mode selected. Other brushes don't seem to work. I'm using prefabs to make dungeon rooms for a procedurally generated dungeon and being able to work on them in the prefab edit mode instead of dragging them to the scene would be nice.

18. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Right now, there is no way for the tools to work in prefab edit mode. That is one of the limitations of the package. But I will try to include that feature in future versions.

desukarhu likes this.
  19. desukarhu

desukarhu

That's fine. I think it's a minor issue since you can just create an empty scene and drag the prefabs there to edit them. But it would be a nice feature if you run out of feature ideas. ;)

20. dock

dock

upload_2021-12-9_9-25-46.png

Getting errors in 2021.2.5

21. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Try importing PWB again. I think this is a conflict with transform tools. Import transform tools first and then PWB. Anyway I'm going to upload a fixed version of transform tools. Thanks for reporting the issue.

dock likes this.
  22. dock

dock

Thanks, that works!

pluginmaster418 likes this.
  23. Lexsernn

Lexsernn

A suggestion. Snapping to the object next to it. This would be great for small walls or fences that I don't use the line tool for.
    Edit: Changed some snapping and grid settings and I think I got what I wanted.

Bug report
    When searching for objects under palette I can only type one letter before I need to click back into the search box to write another letter. This happends everytime I type a letter into the box

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
  24. Emme73

Emme73

Hi, does this tool work with terrain ?

25. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Hi, yes it does. All tools work with terrain. and the pin tool allows you to flatten the terrain and clear trees and details under the new objects. check out this video:

chelnok and StevenPicard like this.
  26. Harikoah

Harikoah

Hello!
    I am trying to use this tool with grass patches to put grass on my terrain object (Unity terrain), because the built in grass doesn't work with the Curved World Asset we use. I find this tool is very laggy when using simple objects already, I can not paint smoothly but its very stutter. Any idea what settings I might try to change ? Thanks!

27. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Hi, thanks for reporting the issue. I'm currently optimizing all the tools to avoid lag issues. This release is taking a while because I've been refactoring the code and improving the software architecture to make it easier to fix. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll let you know when It's done. Increasing the spacing value can help.

28. Harikoah

Harikoah

Ok, thanks a lot! Do You think it could be because I am on a M1 MacBook Pro ?

29. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

No, other users had already reported the same issue. I think I already fixed it. And I'm almost done with the new version. I have to do more tests and after that I think it will be ready.

Harikoah likes this.
  30. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Hi @Harikoah, Version 2.0 is now available for download. This is the changelog:
    Prefab World Builder 2.0 2022 - May - 2
    Features
    [Added] Edit mode to shape tool.
    [Added] Pin tool shortcuts to rotate around X and Z axes.
    [Added] Functionality to add new brushes using the picker.
    [Added] Shortcuts for toggle the grid, the snapping and the grid lock.
    [Added] Shortcuts to set grid cell size, grid origin and grid rotation to match the selected object.
    [Added] Shortcut to select the parent object of splines and shapes.
    Changes
    [Improved] Brush picker shortcut. Now, to pick the brush from an object on the scene, simply hold down B and click on the object you want to select.
    [Changed] Escape behavior. Now when you press Esc, it doesn't ask to save the changes.
    [Improved] Extrude properties. Now it doesn't reset the tool handle after editing properties.
    Fixes
    [Fixed] Lag issues in all tools.
    [Fixed] Problem saving line data after editing lines.

31. Harikoah

Harikoah

Thank You !!!

32. dock

dock

upload_2022-5-12_10-38-33.png
    upload_2022-5-12_10-42-42.png

Hi! Some questions about the grid settings.

- Is it possible to choose the default scene grid settings as an option instead of setting custom ones?
    - Pinning doesn't seem to respect the grid at all, am I doing something wrong? you can see the grid snap on the toolbar.
    - Would you ever consider a hex grid? I'm doing a lot of hex based map layouts recently, hence the weird rectangle grid. It would be fantastic if I could use Prefab Builder with my hex grid.

33. haleler51

haleler51

Thanks for this nearly perfect tool. So far I only have one issue with it: thumbnails.

When using default HDRP settings in a scene, the prefab thumbnails in the palette window become very dark, nearly inscrutable. The background color can be reliably changed, but the prefab models are dark, practically just silhouettes. It can be hard to tell what you're selecting. Lighting intensity does nothing.

The prefab thumbnails in Unity's normal project window are fine and normal. It's only PWB palette thumbnails.

I'm using Unity 2021.3.6f1, but I've had this happen in past 2021 HDRP projects.

34. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Hi. Thanks for reporting the issue. I'll let you know when it's fixed.

haleler51 likes this.
  35. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Fixed in version 2.4.2, now available for download.

dock likes this.
  36. dock

dock

Thanks for fixing this. Did you decide whether to support text lists for brush names? I still find the thumbnails difficult, especially with such short labels.

37. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Yes. It's on the to-do list. I'll try to implement it soon. I'll let you know when it's done.

38. MOhi

MOhi

Hi @pluginmaster418
    Thanks for the great asset, I mainly have one suggestion which is a pain point for me.
    when using the line tool it's very hard to figure out where my line is, on the ground
    for example when using the brush tool, the circle and the normal are amazing and clearly indicate the surface I am drawing on.
    but when using the line I am almost always clicking on the wrong collider/ground, or on completely far area than I want.

if it's possible to have same indicator as in brush tool that will be really great , or if there's an easy way for me to do it in code too that will be great

39. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it's a good idea. Added to to-do list.

40. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

In version 2.6 I added a list view to the palette, now available for download.

41. SOL3BREAKER

SOL3BREAKER

can you combine those platte brush tool properties into single one window? There are 4 now.

42. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Hi, that feature is already on the to-do list. I'll let you know when it's available. However, if you want to close all the PWB windows at once, there is a shortcut for that: Alt+Shift+End

43. JJunjo

JJunjo

Hello,
    Great asset. Easy to use but very useful. I bought it mainly to use the grid positioning, but I have encountered a problem: if after placing an object, I press CTRL+Z (to undo that action), the editor crashes.
    Unity version 2021.3.9f1 on Windows.

o1s1n likes this.
  44. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Hi. I already fixed that issue. I'm waiting for the Unity curators to review the new version. I'll let you know when it's available.

o1s1n likes this.
  45. locke12

locke12

Hi. How can I reset the Tiling Tool state?
    I'm using Tiling Tool to paint grass, but this will take too many time on loading.

46. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Hi, you can reset any tool by selecting the Default Profile and then selecting "Factory Reset Selected Profile" FactoryReset.png

47. locke12

locke12

I mean remove or reset grid in Edit Mode.
    I have found file saved grid data call PWBData.txt. so I using "git checkout -- PWBData.txt" every time when I want reset..
    Did you have any idea to remove the grid in Edit Mode more efficiently?

48. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

Now I understand what you want to do and there seems to be a problem that prevents you from changing the tool properties in edit mode. I'll fix that and let you know when it's available.
    As for deleting the tiling actually if you delete all objects of the tiling, the tiling object in question will also be deleted. But I'm going to add the option to delete it by pressing the Delete key. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm going to implement those changes ASAP.

49. locke12

locke12

No problem, thank you. :)

50. pluginmaster418

pluginmaster418

The Issue preventing tiling tool properties from being changed in edit mode was fixed in version 2.7.
    and now you can delete the selected tiling item by pressing the Delete key.
    Version 2.7 is now available for download.