Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Prefab/Meshes/Material thumbnails in Project view are shown as empty (grey box)

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by MichaelH55, Jun 27, 2021.

1. MichaelH55

MichaelH55

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @MichaelH55,

Could you please submit bug reports for these issues if you're still affected by them? Ideally with reproduction projects attached that demonstrate the issues.

3. gasppol

gasppol

As the title says, from 2021.2 b0 onwards (previous version ok), the project view of the Editor shows the thumbnails as empty greyed boxes (when set the size bigger than zero or icon's list).
    I've found that this could be related first to material shown empty, so then the meshes and the prefabs are also empty or transparent.
    However, it has to be with the refresh of the windows because it's not empty/transparent for all. I can't find why for some of them work ok, and some wrong.

upload_2021-7-11_17-36-29.png

upload_2021-7-11_17-35-53.png

KarlKarl2000 likes this.
  4. gasppol

gasppol

I've found that the URP default template fails the same way.
    Create an empty new project in URP 3D.
    Browse in the project view to prefabs or models folder, look the thumbnails.
    Please note that the preview 3d model on the inspector is shown correctly.
    upload_2021-7-12_20-48-8.png

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    harleydk and gasppol like this.
  6. gasppol

gasppol

Thanks a lot

7. Andrew203

Andrew203

I have this problem for few months now since I upgraded my project to URP. Learned to live with it because I needed to finish my project, in my case there is not a single thumbnail working properly and inspector preview shows scene camera view.

KarlKarl2000 likes this.
  8. gasppol

gasppol

Sorry to be that persistent.
    As the tracker says, the bug could be solved in 2022.1.
    That is a long (very long) time from now. There is any workaround to this bug in the current 2021.2 version? Or the solution will be applied to previous versions?
    For my surprise, this bug doesn't seem to be very popular in beta users but is a total dead end for me at level creation because there is no way of knowing the graphical shape of the prefabs before placing them on the scene.
    Also, all the prefab painters/spawners on the Asset Store (at least the most popular) are now broken because they use the same API to get the thumbnails.

Any help will be much appreciated!

9. PiterQ70

PiterQ70

Any update on this issue?

10. sb810

sb810

Bump! I've been looking everywhere for a solution for this. Shouldn't it be a big deal? I don't know how anyone is expected to browse thousands of assets without preview thumbnails!

11. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

12. gasppol

gasppol

I'm glad that the new issue is different than the old one and says it must be something with the material.

13. AlterSpace

AlterSpace

Standard prefabs share the same behavior too. I've got a single prefab, out of 400, that is visible in the project window... And I can't figure out why it's different from the others. Maybe I found the Chosen One and I need to bring it to the Oracle :D

Anyway, as it is right now, it's impossible to use the editor to create a scene following a standard workflow. Is it something that happens only to a few projects or every one of them has the same bug?
    I hope that the Unity team has tried at least to open a project before shipping this beta, but I'm curious on the scale of this bug.

14. Thaina

Thaina

2022.1a7 with URP also face this greyed thumbnail upload_2021-9-12_20-4-55.png

KarlKarl2000 likes this.
  15. bluebrain

bluebrain

We've got the same problem & it's really slowing us down. Can get the thumbnails back by modifying the materials, but they always vanish again after any other changes in the folder (adding a new material, etc.)

Ryu8179 likes this.
  16. se

se

I have this issue in 2021.1.22 as well. Some work, some don't.

17. thiskidcalledtom

thiskidcalledtom

Does anyone know if this has been resolved yet? im on 2021 0b14 and still have it... its bringing my productivity so a complete stop.

18. Ryu8179

Ryu8179

This bug fix was merged 5 days ago.
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Graphics/pull/5778

I'm one of the people waiting for the fix to be released.
    Can anyone predict when it will be released in 2021.2.0b?

19. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

If you don't want to wait for the next vendoring update, you can already test the fix by updating the package manually:

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Graphics

Ryu8179 likes this.
  20. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

All I can say for sure at this point is that it won't be in b16.

Thaina and Ryu8179 like this.
  21. Ryu8179

Ryu8179

Thanks for the reply.
    I will try the manual update of the package.
    Thanks again.

22. Kitsune_bcn

Kitsune_bcn

Yo folks, is the fix working?

23. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Unfortunately, the fix didn't land in time for 2021.2.0f1. It is currently on track to be released as part of 2021.2.2f1.

24. FullDraw

FullDraw

Seems to still be an issue. I upgraded to 2021.2.4f1 and only some of my thumbnails updated correctly. I tried reimporting the greyed out thumbnails, they did not change.

25. Uios-Theou

Uios-Theou

this is a freakin gnightmare. It always prevents me from finishing my maps because placing prefabs is so tedious to the point that i get frustrated. I need to be able to see what is what in the thumbnail view. Please fix this for crying out loud.

KarlKarl2000 likes this.
  26. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report if you're still affected by this? The fix did land in 2021.2.2f1 and resolved our test cases of the issue.

27. gasppol

gasppol

I also can confirm that the bug is still there. Unity 2022.1.02b.
    Also console shows errors related when trying to get the thumbails.

upload_2022-1-7_11-41-46.png

CNC_Sai, KarlKarl2000 and ussrpeople like this.
  28. JongSookKim

JongSookKim

Seems to still be an issue. I upgraded to 2021.2.7f1.
    I also tried reimporting the greyed out thumbnails, they did not change.
    (And console shows empty warnings when reimporting.)

Attached Files:

ussrpeople likes this.
  29. Uios-Theou

Uios-Theou

What exactly would you like a bug report to say?

Its not working. Prefabs show up as grey icons that never load , as others have shared images of.

I am on 21.2.1f1.

100% Still broken and not working. Should absolutely still be on your major bugs to fix. Its crazy frustrating and limiting in map design.

KarlKarl2000 and gasppol like this.
  30. KarlKarl2000

KarlKarl2000

CNC_Sai likes this.
  31. CNC_Sai

CNC_Sai

Confirmed, still grey thumbnails Unity 2022.1.0b2.2474, URP project.
    Prefabs are grey as well as any .FBX o_O

Attached Files:

• null.jpg
      null.jpg
      File size:
      114.8 KB
      Views:
  32. sinpros

sinpros

NO ITS NOT HDRP specific. or URP specific either since its happening to me in standard unity

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  33. sinpros

sinpros

I FOUND THE FIX.. select every prefab or missing item as multiple item selections. (doing this one at a time takes to long) then uncheck the "root in prefab" box then recheck it and all the icons come back. if you dont see that box its because a few selections dont have the same type. so unselect those and do them separately. also if it doesnt work also try setting item to static

SonicCane11 and Kitsune_bcn like this.
  34. AlterSpace

AlterSpace

Those options didn't work for me (activating/deactivating root gameObjects or setting them to static and then to non-static again).

I'm happy to see that the best marketing campaign for Unreal is made by Unity itself. Epic can make ads showing Mandalorian, Unreal 5 with Nanite, Meta-Humans and all, but nothing is better than trying to use Unity to really appreciate Unreal.

I bet they will announce again a fix for the one and only version they've tried and we will be here, waiting for the Armageddon, Ragnarok or things like those. 5 months with no stable and clear solution? I bet the End of Time will come faster than this

CNC_Sai likes this.
  35. EyeDev44

EyeDev44

2022.1.3f1 here.
    Each time Unity tries to update thumbnail it drops tens of errors:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Worker0] Texture creation failed. 'None' is not supported for Render usage on this platform. Use 'SystemInfo.IsFormatSupported' C# API to check format support.
    3. [Worker0] NullReferenceException
    4. UnityEngine.Rendering.RTHandleSystem.Alloc (System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, System.Int32 slices, UnityEngine.Rendering.DepthBits depthBufferBits, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.GraphicsFormat colorFormat, UnityEngine.FilterMode filterMode, UnityEngine.TextureWrapMode wrapMode, UnityEngine.Rendering.TextureDimension dimension, System.Boolean enableRandomWrite, System.Boolean useMipMap, System.Boolean autoGenerateMips, System.Boolean isShadowMap, System.Int32 anisoLevel, System.Single mipMapBias, UnityEngine.Rendering.MSAASamples msaaSamples, System.Boolean bindTextureMS, System.Boolean useDynamicScale, UnityEngine.RenderTextureMemoryless memoryless, UnityEngine.VRTextureUsage vrUsage, System.String name) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@13.1.8/Runtime/Textures/RTHandleSystem.cs:490)
    5. UnityEngine.Rendering.RTHandles.Alloc (UnityEngine.RenderTextureDescriptor& descriptor, UnityEngine.FilterMode filterMode, UnityEngine.TextureWrapMode wrapMode, System.Boolean isShadowMap, System.Int32 anisoLevel, System.Single mipMapBias, System.String name) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@13.1.8/Runtime/Textures/RTHandles.cs:117)
    6. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingUtils.ReAllocateIfNeeded (UnityEngine.Rendering.RTHandle& handle, UnityEngine.RenderTextureDescriptor& descriptor, UnityEngine.FilterMode filterMode, UnityEngine.TextureWrapMode wrapMode, System.Boolean isShadowMap, System.Int32 anisoLevel, System.Single mipMapBias, System.String name) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/RenderingUtils.cs:570)
    7. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.Internal.RenderTargetBufferSystem.ReAllocate (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/RenderTargetBufferSystem.cs:82)
    8. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.Internal.RenderTargetBufferSystem.GetFrontBuffer (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/RenderTargetBufferSystem.cs:59)
    9. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderer.GetCameraColorFrontBuffer (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/UniversalRenderer.cs:1256)
    10. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.Internal.CopyColorPass.Execute (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingData& renderingData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/Passes/CopyColorPass.cs:124)
    11. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderer.ExecuteRenderPass (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderPass renderPass, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingData& renderingData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/ScriptableRenderer.cs:1099)
    12. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderer.ExecuteBlock (System.Int32 blockIndex, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderer+RenderBlocks& renderBlocks, UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingData& renderingData, System.Boolean submit) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/ScriptableRenderer.cs:1058)
    13. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderer.Execute (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingData& renderingData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/ScriptableRenderer.cs:843)
    14. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline.RenderSingleCamera (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.CameraData cameraData, System.Boolean anyPostProcessingEnabled) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/UniversalRenderPipeline.cs:432)
    15. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline.RenderSingleCamera (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Camera camera) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/UniversalRenderPipeline.cs:338)
    16. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline.Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] cameras) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/UniversalRenderPipeline.cs:293)
    17. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline.InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] cameras) (at <d8d38b92d94a4ff8a91e61d39c6d19cd>:0)
    18. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipe, System.IntPtr loopPtr, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] renderRequests, Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle safety) (at <d8d38b92d94a4ff8a91e61d39c6d19cd>:0)
    19. UnityEditor.AssetPreviewUpdater:CreatePreviewForAsset(Object, Object[], String)
    22. AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found.
    23. System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImplCommon (System.String name, System.Int32 genericParameterCount, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Reflection.CallingConventions callConv, System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers) (at <f3d0e7ec4efc44199bb22a77b1c8eff4>:0)
    24. System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImpl (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Reflection.CallingConventions callConv, System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers) (at <f3d0e7ec4efc44199bb22a77b1c8eff4>:0)
    25. System.Type.GetMethod (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr) (at <f3d0e7ec4efc44199bb22a77b1c8eff4>:0)
    26. System.Type.GetMethod (System.String name) (at <f3d0e7ec4efc44199bb22a77b1c8eff4>:0)
    27. GooglePlayServices.UnityCompat.GetUnity56AndAboveApplicationIdentifier (UnityEditor.BuildTarget buildTarget) (at <76005618caca4bb886097d0efd3a15f4>:0)
    28. GooglePlayServices.UnityCompat.GetApplicationId (UnityEditor.BuildTarget buildTarget) (at <76005618caca4bb886097d0efd3a15f4>:0)
    29. GooglePlayServices.PlayServicesResolver.GetAndroidApplicationId () (at <76005618caca4bb886097d0efd3a15f4>:0)
    30. GooglePlayServices.PlayServicesResolver..cctor () (at <76005618caca4bb886097d0efd3a15f4>:0)
    31. Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'GooglePlayServices.PlayServicesResolver' threw an exception.
    32. System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <f3d0e7ec4efc44199bb22a77b1c8eff4>:0)
    33. Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    34. System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <f3d0e7ec4efc44199bb22a77b1c8eff4>:0)
    35. System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <f3d0e7ec4efc44199bb22a77b1c8eff4>:0)
    36. UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal.InvokeMethod (System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, System.Object[] args) (at <c131a2bddec5488c9acbc95523658064>:0)
    37. UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal.PostprocessAllAssets (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] addedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromPathAssets, System.Boolean didDomainReload) (at <c131a2bddec5488c9acbc95523658064>:0)
    38. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

36. Sasasoft

Sasasoft

Hello. I've just updated to 2022.1.4f1 (from 2021.1.26f1). I do not get any thumbnails and I'm getting the same errors as #35 when I'm navigating to a folder and it tries to generate them.

37. Rhein-Bytes

Rhein-Bytes

Hi. I have the same problem. 2022.1.3f1, 2022.1.4f1, 2022.1.5f1
    Deleting the library folder and letting the project rebuild it works sometimes.

38. Necka_

Necka_

Same errors as #35, driving me insane.
    This project is 3 months old, it worked perfectly fine since 2022.1 betas then release up to now 2022.1.10.
    It came out of nowhere, it started when I was playing with Materials and variants, suddenly the materials would stop getting a preview and I noticed the same for Prefabs/Models. With all the tons of errors as shown in #35.

I can't start from scratch. We need a solution here on what's creating this.

I tried to delete library folder => no change
    I unassigned the URP settings in Graphics and Quality, I removed URP from the project, started Unity again, added URP again and assigned the RP settings once more => same issue
    I closed, deleted Library again, waited 1h to have everything re-imported => same issue.

I'm out of options and of patience on that topic here. It's not possible to work properly without thumbnails.

39. Necka_

Necka_

For each prefab in the folder it will create 2 errors.
    Error 1:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [Worker1] Texture creation failed. 'None' is not supported for Render usage on this platform. Use 'SystemInfo.IsFormatSupported' C# API to check format support.
    Error 2:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [Worker1] NullReferenceException
    2. UnityEngine.Rendering.RTHandleSystem.Alloc (System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, System.Int32 slices, UnityEngine.Rendering.DepthBits depthBufferBits, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.GraphicsFormat colorFormat, UnityEngine.FilterMode filterMode, UnityEngine.TextureWrapMode wrapMode, UnityEngine.Rendering.TextureDimension dimension, System.Boolean enableRandomWrite, System.Boolean useMipMap, System.Boolean autoGenerateMips, System.Boolean isShadowMap, System.Int32 anisoLevel, System.Single mipMapBias, UnityEngine.Rendering.MSAASamples msaaSamples, System.Boolean bindTextureMS, System.Boolean useDynamicScale, UnityEngine.RenderTextureMemoryless memoryless, UnityEngine.VRTextureUsage vrUsage, System.String name) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@13.1.8/Runtime/Textures/RTHandleSystem.cs:490)
    3. UnityEngine.Rendering.RTHandles.Alloc (UnityEngine.RenderTextureDescriptor& descriptor, UnityEngine.FilterMode filterMode, UnityEngine.TextureWrapMode wrapMode, System.Boolean isShadowMap, System.Int32 anisoLevel, System.Single mipMapBias, System.String name) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@13.1.8/Runtime/Textures/RTHandles.cs:117)
    4. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingUtils.ReAllocateIfNeeded (UnityEngine.Rendering.RTHandle& handle, UnityEngine.RenderTextureDescriptor& descriptor, UnityEngine.FilterMode filterMode, UnityEngine.TextureWrapMode wrapMode, System.Boolean isShadowMap, System.Int32 anisoLevel, System.Single mipMapBias, System.String name) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/RenderingUtils.cs:570)
    5. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.Internal.RenderTargetBufferSystem.ReAllocate (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/RenderTargetBufferSystem.cs:82)
    6. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.Internal.RenderTargetBufferSystem.GetFrontBuffer (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/RenderTargetBufferSystem.cs:59)
    7. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderer.GetCameraColorFrontBuffer (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/UniversalRenderer.cs:1256)
    8. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.Internal.CopyColorPass.Execute (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingData& renderingData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/Passes/CopyColorPass.cs:124)
    9. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderer.ExecuteRenderPass (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderPass renderPass, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingData& renderingData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/ScriptableRenderer.cs:1099)
    10. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderer.ExecuteBlock (System.Int32 blockIndex, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderer+RenderBlocks& renderBlocks, UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingData& renderingData, System.Boolean submit) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/ScriptableRenderer.cs:1058)
    11. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderer.Execute (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingData& renderingData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/ScriptableRenderer.cs:843)
    12. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline.RenderSingleCamera (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.CameraData cameraData, System.Boolean anyPostProcessingEnabled) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/UniversalRenderPipeline.cs:432)
    13. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline.RenderSingleCamera (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Camera camera) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/UniversalRenderPipeline.cs:338)
    14. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline.Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] cameras) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@13.1.8/Runtime/UniversalRenderPipeline.cs:293)
    15. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline.InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] cameras) (at <46b1c576a7c04d02b267d8bd8ce3cc5d>:0)
    16. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipe, System.IntPtr loopPtr, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] renderRequests, Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle safety) (at <46b1c576a7c04d02b267d8bd8ce3cc5d>:0)
    17. UnityEditor.AssetPreviewUpdater:CreatePreviewForAsset(Object, Object[], String)
    The [Worker1] changes.

40. Necka_

Necka_

On my side I managed to fix it (for now) by running the Rendering pipeline converter on the Assets
    It created new assets and renderer.

upload_2022-7-24_12-14-21.png

Now I would really like to know what might have been "messed up" from my original asset/renderer has it had basic settings, only Depth texture was checked but that didn't fix the bug.
    Could they become sort of "corrupt" ?

gasppol likes this.
  41. gasppol

gasppol

@Necka_ really helpful finding. Using the converter for the Rendering Settings also works for me!
    It just takes a second or two, and now the thumbnails are working again. It could be that I was messing around with quality settings a while ago because it only shows the warning icon on MEDIUM quality level.

Necka_ likes this.
  42. Herbal23

Herbal23

Necka_ likes this.
  43. SonicCane11

SonicCane11

For what it's worth, your solution seems to have worked for me! (Toggling the enable gameobject checkbox for the offending prefabs.) I'm using 2021.1.21f1