Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prefab instance not displaying

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nafasso, Jan 27, 2015.

1. nafasso

nafasso

Good morning guys,

here is my problem:
    I want to instanciate a prefab contained in an AssetBundle that I download from my server, until here no problem. Then when the user touch it the application goes to another layout displaying the model, its spelling and an audio file of the pronounciation of the word.
    For displaying the model on the first layout there is no problem but when the application goes to the second layout I cannot display it ... There is an audio file attached to the model that is played at instanciation of the prefab and I can here it even on the second layout so that means the model is here.
    I concluded then that the location of the model or its scale might be wrong that is why I cannot see it but even testing different numbers I still cannot see it.
    I did some logcat and the scale is the same as in the first layout so it should be possible to see the model I think.
    It is an Android application using the Android plugin. The first layout is an augmented reality layout so there is no background this is just a tagging scene but on the second there is a white background so maybe the model could be instanciate behind this background ? If so, can you help me to make it instanciate in front of it instead ?

I am not sure that it is the problem so if you see another solution that seems better just let me know.

That you for your time and wish you a good day and a happy new year

2. nafasso

nafasso

any idea ?