Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

prefab explosion causes errors in 2019.2 hdrp

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Mister-D, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Mister-D

Mister-D

heres the error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.PrepareLightsForGPU (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDCamera hdCamera, UnityEngine.Rendering.CullingResults cullResults, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDProbeCullingResults hdProbeCullingResults, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.DensityVolumeList densityVolumes, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.DebugDisplaySettings debugDisplaySettings, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.AOVRequestData aovRequest) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.9.0-preview/Runtime/Lighting/LightLoop/LightLoop.cs:1818)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.ExecuteRenderRequest (UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline+RenderRequest renderRequest, UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.AOVRequestData aovRequest) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.9.0-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1607)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.9.0-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1452)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline.InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipeline.cs:72)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipe, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras, System.IntPtr loopPtr, Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle safety) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipelineManager.cs:67)

2. Mister-D

Mister-D

after that this:

XRSystem.ReleaseFrame() was not called!

3. Mister-D

Mister-D

removing the light in the blastparticle fixed the problem

4. MostHated

MostHated

I am having this issue as well, but I am hoping there is a solution that doesn't require removing the light, as the light is rather important in my instance. I have a pointlight attached to a collission effect, but when it spawns I am getting the same error as listed in the original post.

It is fine and works well just hitting play in Timeline while editing, but once you actually play the game and it runs, is when it has the issue.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  5. MostHated

MostHated

Ok, so it looks like this only happens (for me anyways) if you have a particle system in which is using the Lights functionality to try and call a pointlight. I just instead moved the pointlight to use an activation track from Timeline instead of letting the particle system do it, and I no longer have an issue.

6. iamarugin

iamarugin

As far as I know this issue was fixed in HDRP 7.1.3

7. Censureret

Censureret

How do i upgrade to that version?? i am currently using 6.9.1 and dont get the option to upgrade?

8. iamarugin

iamarugin

7.x is available only in Unity 2019.3x