Search Unity

Prefab editing stops working

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by StaviRare, Jul 2, 2019.

1. StaviRare

StaviRare

After a few minutes of prefab editing, it just freezes. I got this black screen but tabs and unity itself seems to be working and not in a "not responding" status. I've currently on the latest build (2019.1.8f1) and tried the latest beta (2019.2.0b7)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      69.1 KB
      Views:
  2. altepTest

altepTest

any news about this? I get the same behavior when editing prefabs

3. runevision

runevision

I don't think we have any bug reports about this issue. Please file a bug report with repro project and repro steps so we can look into it. Thanks!

4. altepTest

altepTest

I will check the behavior of what I'm explaining bellow for a few more days of work but what I've noticed today is this:

prefab is in the assets not added to the scene.
    the scene is opened

prefab is an empty game object with a complex imported fbx character rig attached.

when entering the prefab the light bulb is disabled.

when you select a ".Shape" sub object that is part of the fbx file, unity gets unresponsive for a few seconds, sometimes will recover, but it will get unresponsive again if you select another ".Shape" object. The screen gets black as in the screenshot posted by St4va. all menu works, even right clicking inside the black window will work, will show the right click context menu as if everything is still there just you can't see it) In the end most of the time I need to kill the process as it will hand up in the crash report (actually I need to kill the crash report and unity)

but if the light bulb is enabled all works correctly.

The issue was that same type of prefabs worked fine while other don't. Now I've seen that the difference is the light bulb.

It may be related with this other issue I've observed:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/201...sky-compute-shader-error.737468/#post-4920200

unity version is 2019.2.3f1 workflow used is the HDRP

I didn't had this issue with LWRP but I don't know if all the prefabs had the lightbulb ON or not.

5. runevision

runevision

6. altepTest

altepTest

yes, sorry I will do this

runevision likes this.