Search Unity

Prefab Bug with SpriteRenderer

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by TommySKD, Dec 13, 2018.

1. TommySKD

TommySKD

I think this is a bug, or possibly but im not sure why by design? I don't remember if it acted like this before

2018-12-13_01h12_39.png
    This is a SpriteRenderer on some Prefab instance,
    and I changed all the properties to something else than their prefab value, so normally they should all be in bold right now (and the very tiny blue line on the left that shows changes from original shouldn't have any gap)
    But as you can see it does not work for Material and Sorting Layer

I checked meshrenderer to compare and it does register the material (well it is a list of materials) changes as normal. And while for SpriteRenderer it doesn't work on sorting layer, it does work on.. order in layer? So yea not much sense has to be a bug I think

It does behave a bit weird like if after this I go in Prefab mode and change the original material, it won't change this one instance material as if it was "in bold" but it is not in bold which means I don't get to see the Apply/Revert option on it anywhere (so you HAVE to change material/sorting layer in prefab mode) along with more obscure annoying things going wrong with scripting etc.

bugs on empty project 2018.3.0f1

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Could you please submit a bug-report, as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/guide-to-beta-testing#tab-3

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post this Case number here (in this forum thread) for Unity staff to pick up.